5 Packing Tips For All Your Summer Vacations

A stylish vacation is all I want.

25
Photo by Artem Bali on Unsplash

For me, the hardest part of going on vacations is packing. I ALWAYS pack too much. Every vacation I bring way too much and don't even wear half of what I brought. Or I create a whole outfit in my head that is at home.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this. But summer is upon us over-packers, which means vacations. So, read on over-packers and take notes!

1. Make A List

This may take some time and you may be one of those people who "doesn't make lists" but trust me this will save your trip and quite possibly your life! I don't know how many times I've forgotten something I really needed. Phone charger, toothpaste, socks, the list goes on. BUT if you think about it ahead of time and write it down then you're more likely to remember it!

2. Check The Weather

Always. Check. The. Weather. You may think “Hey I’m going to the beach in the summer! It'll be sunny and 95 the whole time!”. Well, you’re wrong. Trust me I’ve been there. At the beach freezing because I assumed it would be hot the whole time and didn’t expect a rainy cold front to come in.

3. Be Prepared!

Just like the Boy Scouts say! Bring a rain jacket, just in case. Bring 2 or 3 bathing suits, just in case. Bring 3 pairs of shoes- if you can, just in case.

4. Plan(ish) What You'll Be Doing On The Trip

If you know what you'll be doing on the trip it makes it so much easier to pack. For example, if you'll be walking a lot and going in and out of museums, you'll know to pack tennis shoes and comfortable clothes. Or if you know you'll be lounging on the beach a lot, bring a floppy hat and flip-flops.

5. Neutrals Are Everything

Last but not least, make sure to bring neutral colored clothes. Neutral clothes make it easier to create outfits, allowing you to mix and match and make more outfits. SO you don't have to pack as much/ are able to pack more items, depending on how you look at it!