5 Must-See Places In Europe

5 Must-See Places In Europe

Happy traveling!

130
5 Must-See Places In Europe
Photo by delfi de la Rua on Unsplash

I was fortunate enough to study abroad in Dublin, Ireland for my first semester of college. Although I was apprehensive at first, studying abroad was one of the best experiences of my life and I wouldn't change the beginning of my college experience for the world. While I was abroad, I was able to travel and see parts of the world that I never would have seen. I found that traveling was easier than ever and that I was able to take full advantage. Here are some of the places I got to travel and some of my favorite sites:

1. Ireland

I was lucky to be able to call Dublin, Ireland my home for four months. I was able to see so much more than just Dublin-- I travelled to the west coast of Ireland and saw the Cliffs of Moher and Gallway and I went to the north and learned about the history of Belfast. In Dublin, I went to the historic Guinness Factory and Dublin Castle and got to experience all that Ireland has to offer.

2. London, England

London was one of my favorite cities that I got to see. I was amazed by the old phone booths, history and colors in the city. I loved going to Buckingham Palace and the London Eye. I was able to shop at the outdoor markets and on the famous London streets. I would love to go back to London and see the parts I was unable to go to in just one weekend!

3. Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona is a city of color and excitement. It has so much history and architecture that makes the city worth visiting and spending some time in! I was able to see a lot of the city in just a few days, but would love to go back and spend more time there. One of my favorite places was Park Guell, one of the famous works of Gaudi. It was so historic and scenic and a great place for taking pictures! The food and culture in Barcelona is so unique and is definitely worth traveling to!

4. Madrid, Spain

Madrid, the capital of Spain, was one of my favorite cities. I instantly fell in love with the art and the history. I was able to go to El Museo Nacional Del Prado to see the most famous Spanish art and learn about the pieces. Madrid also had many outdoor markets at Plaza Mayor with local vendors showcasing and selling their work. I was also able to spend a day at Buen Retiro Park and see the famous rose garden and lakes that the park has to offer. I was so impressed by the food and the culture in Madrid too! I would love to go back and explore more of the city.

5. Poland

Poland was a unique weekend trip. I travelled to Warsaw for the weekend and got to learn about the history there. I also got to shop at the incredible art markets with unique pieces from local artists. I travelled to Krakow, Poland and saw the history there and was also able to take a day trip to Auschwitz. This was a unique day and was something that I think everyone should see. Learning about the history of the Holocaust and seeing the horror firsthand was an experience that I will never forget.

Happy traveling!