The best moves to binge over summer
Seasonal

5 summer movies to watch when it is too hot to go outside

Isn't it nice to just stay inside with the AC going and enjoy a great film?

88
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-holding-remote-control-1040160/
JESHOOTS.com

Summer is a great time for swimming, hiking, camping, among other things, but summer can also be a great time to catch up on some movies. As a matter of fact, I would argue that there is no better time to relax indoors with a good flick. Let's be honest, most of the time it is too hot to hang around outside anyway. Plus, you sweat, get bitten by mosquitos and run the risk of sunburn. I would much rather just stay inside and watch one of these films.

1. "Stand By Me."

"Stand By Me" is a great coming of age story, and I don't say that about most "coming of age" movies. It takes viewers on a great summer adventure that most of us are never able to take during our actual life. It has a great young cast and an amazing villain. The movie is perfect for a summer afternoon.

2. "Jaws."

This may be a given, but what summer movie list would be complete without the original summer blockbuster? It is also widely considered one of the greatest films of all time! This movie really needs no reasoning or season behind it; you should just watch it. This is one great horror movie that takes place in broad daylight and will guarantee a fun watch with plenty of summer tropes. Just don't go into the water after.

3. "The Goonies."

A Goony never says die! This is another one of those coming of age or childhood adventure stories, and it is fantastic. This movie has a much more family-friendly vibe than "Stand By Me," but it is still great. It is an adventure flick that has numerous twists and turns. It has a great child cast with a very young (but still incredibly talented) Josh Brolin. Richard Donner brings his fun, hopeful and fantastic work to this adventure film.

4. "The Lord of the Rings."

Maybe it is my nerdy side making itself present, or maybe it is because I am watching the trilogy as I write this article, but the film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic fantasy series is a must watch. It is perfect for escaping the of summer and jumping in a fantastic world full of Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits and Wizards. The three films would make an excellent marathon for any summer day.

5. "The Avengers"/MCU Movies.

Okay, I know this is a little bit of a cop-out, but really any of the Marvel movies in their cinematic universe would be perfect for summer movie watching. I would even dare to say that you should marathon all of them, if you can, over the course of a day, week or month. They all have great characters, wonderful stories, and a lot of action to get the blood flowing. They are perfect for watching during the hot days or humid nights. If I were to suggest some of the films, I would recommend: "The Avengers," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Iron Man" and "Thor: Ragnarok," but there is really no wrong option here. All of these films are excellent.

This isn't the most definitive list of movies to watch during the summer, and, to tell the truth, any film is a great film to watch during the summer. Summer movie watching is a great way to pass time, especially when the heat starts to get to you. The great thing about a film is that they don't have a season, so find a good film and enjoy it this summer!