5 Lessons From 5 Family Members.

5 Lessons From 5 Family Members.

My backbone, my support system, my biggest advocates, and my forever friends. You have taught me so much and I want you to know how much you have positively impacted my life.

231
5 Lessons From 5 Family Members.

To my Dad,

There are many many lessons you have taught me since I had the brain capacity to comprehend your wise words. Some goofy yet valuable, and other serious and essential. Through every obstacle I have watched you face it has become increasingly apparent that hard work is what has given you and our family our biggest blessings. There is nothing in life that you will not have to work for and I am so grateful to know and understand that. Because I respect the hard work you have done, I know to be thankful for the littlest things. I am aware that every moment is a gift, nothing in life is permanent and sometimes starting over is the hardest thing to do. Yet through the toughest of times I never saw you give up, I never saw you become weak or undetermined. You never let the worst get the best of you. When things got hard, you worked harder. I always struggled to identify my work ethic. I never thought I was a hard worker or even a good one, but now I know I am the hardest working person I can be and that is thanks to you. Simple obstacles are nothing compared the mountains life has in store ahead. Every struggle I face will be a testimony to the strength and hard work you have instilled in me and continue to demonstrate on a daily basis. Raising four girls is not easy, owning two businesses is not easy, being a hard worker is NOT easy. But then again, who ever said what you work for would be easy to obtain? Nothing that is handed to you is comparable to the things you will work hard for. Thank you for teaching me to never give up and to let my success speak for itself. I will always work hard with the hopes of reaching that same work ethic you have and use constantly to provide for us girls. You inspire me to provide for myself in ways I never desired before. You have shown me that the biggest blessings can come from nothing if you simply apply yourself. You are the hardest worker I know, and I will never be able to repay you for the outstanding lessons of work ethic that you have so effortlessly demonstrated.

To my Mom,

Unconditional love. It is so simple. You have taught me that through my lowest and darkest times there will always be someone who loves me and I am so thankful that that person is you. Not once have I recalled a time that you have given up on me or have invalidated my emotions. It is because of you that I know love can and will conquer all. You wake up everyday without one complaint of what is ahead, you constantly show love to each of your four daughters in different ways that are unique to each of us. Your love has gotten me through so much, it has been my reason for so many things. My reason to keep going, my reason to work harder, my reason to do better and be better, and my reason to live my life with the intend of spreading love above anything else. There has never been a moment that I have questioned your unconditional love for me despite all of the other things you are preoccupied with. As a mother you have found the perfect balance between a best friend and a parent. You are approachable and kind, tough yet logical, and goofy but courageous all at the same time. You never fail to amaze me every day Mom. You are a real life super hero. Sometimes I try and fathom how it is possible for someone to give so much love to those around them, but then I realize it is literally impossible for me to comprehend. I feel as though you have given every ounce of your heart and well-being to those around you yet you still invest in so many things. Thank you for loving me with everything you have and never letting me question whether or not I am worthy. You mean more to me than you will ever know and I cannot begin to explain how much I love and appreciate you every day. You are my person, Momma Sue. I have never seen you let negativity take away from the love you offer to those around you. You have proven that despite whatever life has thrown at me, silence is sometimes the best response. Because of the love you have selflessly given to me, I am encouraged to give that same love to those around me. I see the value in being selfless, I understand the importance of respecting those around me, and above all else, I know that there will never be a day where I don't have you.

To my older sister Allison,

I never truly realized how much you cared until recent years. I always assumed you were overprotective and bossy, yet what I neglected to acknowledge is how much you continue to watch over your little sisters. It is easy for me to forget how hard it must be to feel the constant pressure of setting an example for three younger siblings, but I just want you to know you have done an amazing job. You have taught me that no matter what the circumstance may be, giving up is never an option. I have watched you struggle, I have watched you succeed, I have witnessed you work for hours on end to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. Because of that, I know that anything I set my mind to I will be able to accomplish. I have learned the importance of setting an example for those around me and to always put my best foot forward. You have showed me that being the star of the show is not the way to be great at what you love. Sometimes being behind the scenes is the best way to learn and also educate others. Knowledge is key and using what you have learned to kindly educate those around you can be an amazing asset. Being humble and confident can change your entire attitude. You have taught me that no matter what, attitude is key. Your attitude determines how you interpret the things life hands to you. I have watched you take every curveball life has thrown at you and not once can I recall you letting it knock you down. I know to stand tall in the face of adversity and I know to be humble and positive every day. You have shown me that money does not make you rich, but a simple "daily dime" is what makes us wealthy. I admire that you have dedicated your life to coaching others not only on the court, but by sharing the wisdom you have kindly shared with me. You will touch so many lives as you embark on your coaching journey. I am so grateful to have you as an older sister, role model, and most of all a friend.

To my triplet sister Kaitlyn,

Simple; you are as simple as simple can be. Throughout our 20 years of life you have proven that less is more and that letting life be just as it is supposed to be is the most rewarding act. You are lighthearted and corny, you are kind and determined. In times of difficulty you have shown me that cracking a simple joke can turn the entire mood right around. You have taught me that "being smart" does not have one definition. I admire the way you look at life with such simplicity and playfulness, you never take life too seriously. I have never been someone to live everyday without stress, yet you have shown me that admiring the simple things about life is essential. Things have not always been easy for you, yet you make it look like everything you do is so effortless, and I mean that in the best way possible. You never question me or my anxiety because you make me feel like the solution is simple. I aspire to live as lighthearted as you do. No struggle you have faced has ever been solved without some sort of corny joke. You have proven that laughing is the best medicine and that you don't need a million little things to be happy. Because of you I have chosen to be unapologetically myself. You have never strayed away from who you are, even when people have questioned you or expressed that they think you are quirky or weird. Complaining has never been part of your vocabulary. You look at struggles as though they are ant hills opposed to mountains that will take years to overcome. I have witnessed you visualize your goals and time and time again achieve them. You have shown everyone you meet that being a friend is the best thing you can be. I will always admire your ability to march to the beat of your own drum. Thank you for showing me that your opinion of yourself is the only one that truly matters and that simplicity can lead you to the happiest times.

To my triplet sister Anna,

You are one of a kind. Our entire lives you have struggled with T1D and severe allergies yet you never once let either stop you from doing as you please. You have advocated for those who cannot, you have taught others about your struggles without complaining about how negatively it may have affected you. I have obtained sympathy and empathy for those who cannot advocate for their downfalls, because you have selflessly put others before yourself time and time again. You care so deeply about those around you that it is almost impossible to comprehend how you still have room to care for yourself. Even though there have been many occasions that your diabetes has stopped you from doing things you have wished to do, you have never let that stop you as the days have gone on. Because I have witnessed that, I will never complain about simple struggles that most people would let control their entire mentality. You have taught me that motivational quotes can change your entire outlook. There is no excuse when it comes to taking initiative, it is not okay to sit back and let others control your potential destination. You have showed me that I am in charge of my own destiny, I have the ability to control where I am headed. By example you have showed me that sometimes the biggest sacrifices turn into the biggest blessings. There is so much power in being able to make sacrifices knowing how hard it will be to cope. You have displayed courage in times of change and stability in what others would call chaos. You have a heart that is destined to change the lives of others and I will always admire that. I now will always know that my struggles will not always be just my own because you have shown me that no matter what the circumstances may be, you are willing to pick me up when I am down. I will forever be thankful for your effortless desire to help those around you, you are the epitome of what it means to radiate positivity.