5 Christmas Break Activities That Are Must-Dos

Because college students are always looking for something to do.

9

It's the most wonderful time of the year, especially because we get a break from school and don't have to worry about assignments.

While binge-watching all of your favorite shows on Netflix is a solid way to spend the break, if you want to get out of the house there are plenty of things for you to do. The holiday season creates lots of new events that don't usually happen during the rest of the year, like parades or tree lightings.

If you're looking to make your Christmas break memorable, use these five activities to have fun with your friends and family!

1. Ice Skating

This is especially fun for Southerners, like me, who do not typically get snow during the winter. Grab some of your friends and go ice skating and get hot chocolate or coffee after!!!

2. Baking

You don't even have to leave your house for this one. You could make sugar cookies and ice them or you could make a gingerbread house.

3. Go to the movies.

There are so many new movies being released during this season. Whether it's the 2018 version of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" or "The Return Of Mary Poppins," you're bound to find something worth watching. You could even go watch the Nutcracker ballet.

4. Go see Christmas lights.

Driving around your neighborhood to see the lights is fun, especially with your favorite Christmas music. You could also go somewhere like Saluda Shoals where they have tons of Christmas lights for you to enjoy.

5. Throw an ugly sweater party!

What are the holidays without an ugly sweater party? Get all of your friends together to watch Christmas movies and eat good food all while wearing ugly Christmas sweaters. Don't forget to take Instagram pictures!