5 Fun Non-Ride Activities to do at Walt Disney World

Family fun for all ages.
44

1. Pin Trading

Pin Trading is a family-favorite activity to do in all Disney Parks. Many people take joy in trading pins with other guests and cast members. Whether it is to complete a collection or just the act of interacting with cast members itself, all members of the family can partake in this interactive pastime. Plus, the pins make great souvenirs to take home with you at the end of the trip!

2. Resort Hop

Every single resort in Walt Disney World is unique in its own way! There are about twenty-five resorts in Walt Disney World, and each one is worth exploring. Take a moment to observe the scenery and decorations of each resort, grab a bite to eat in one of the restaurants, or shop in the resort’s exceptional gift shop. The best part is, you do have to have a reservation in order to enter the resort areas!

3. Shop till you Drop

Shopping at Walt Disney World is like no other shopping experience, whether it be in your hotel’s gift shop, Disney Springs, or in the many shops located throughout the parks. Each shop offers many different Disney merchandise that make the perfect addition to your home. You simply cannot go to Walt Disney World without shopping at least once [a day]!

4. Catch a Show

Walt Disney World offers so many different shows for all age-groups that are sure to keep the whole family entertained. Some personal favorites include “It’s a Bug’s Life” at Animal Kingdom, “Fantasmic!” at Hollywood Studios, “Festival of the Lion King” at Animal Kingdom, and “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at Epcot. Every single show at Walt Disney World is sure to keep you entertained.

5. Meet Characters

What better place to meet your favorite Disney Character than at Walt Disney World. Characters such as Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Cinderella, Aladdin, Gaston, Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, and Woody (along with many more) are all available for you meet and interact with. Meeting these characters will be an experience that you will never forget, but be sure to actually take the time to talk with them! You never know what Gaston might say to you!