Start Planning Your Next Self-Care Day Now With These Amazing Face Masks

Everyone should take some time out of their days to give a little self-love.

38

Self-care is a huge necessity. Everyone should take some time out of their days to give a little self-love. We put our body through so much on a daily basis that it's really important to destress and give your body a check. There are numerous ways to go about this. My mom loves to meditate after a long day, my sister loves to make art, but for me, it's all about a mini spa day. I absolutely love to take a couple of hours on a weekend to relax and treat myself. One of my favorite parts of a spa day is the face mask. You don't even have to have a spa day to do a face mask, if you're doing homework, watching TV, or doing anything that doesn't involve sweating, a face mask is a great way to take 15 minutes out of your day to relax. There are so many different types of face masks out there, but personally I have a few that I think to work great for different times. Here are five different facemasks to give a try.

Cucumber mask

A cucumber mask is a great mask for when you're looking for a calm and soothing time. I have fairly sensitive skin, and cucumber face masks never give me any issues. Cucumber face masks are also a great way to help clear skin. Whenever I have a bad breakout, the cucumber mask is my go to. Cucumber masks can also be used at all times of the day. These are by far my favorite type of face mask.

Hydrating mask

With it being the beginning of the winter season, that also means dry skin season. Many people worry about using face masks when they have dry skin because many face masks remove oil from your skin, which ultimately leaves skin drier. This is true for many facemasks, but a hydrating mask does just the opposite. Hydrating masks return moisture to the skin which helps prevent your skin from peeling and can result in more lively, rejuvenated skin. If you do have dry skin, a daily moisturizer is great for long term results, but hydrating face masks can help with dry skin flare ups and with short notice situations. Have a date tomorrow, but just can't seem to get the dry patches to leave your skin, a hydrating face mask is just what you need.

Bubble mask

I've only ever tried a bubble mask twice and it was just for fun with my friends, but I did take some things away from that experience. One thing is that this mask will definitely tingle and tickle your face a little bit. It will also wake you up. The ones that I have used were orange, which is an oil that is used to wake up,so it may have been that. But, my skin did feel woken up. I recommend using this type of mask in the morning for a nice pick me up to start off your day.

Charcoal mask

A charcoal mask is a great way to detox your skin. The charcoal draws out the dirt, oil and toxins from your pores and when you wash the mask off, it takes those unwanted substances with it. If you ever have a serious break out, or you had makeup or sunscreen on your face throughout the day, a charcoal mask it great for getting the dirt out of your skin. I like to use the charcoal masks that go on as a paste and need to be rinsed off. They leave my face feeling much cleaner once I'm done.

Deep-sea mineral mask

This mask is also great for cleaning out your pores.They also help remove dead skin from your face. After a long summer day at the beach or if I have a slight sunburn or a long weekend of camping this is my absolute favorite mask to use. It's really a great mask to use after anything that's made you sweaty or have dry or peeling skin. As you wash it off you can feel the dead skin and dirt leaving your face. This feeling is so amazing, and afterwards it leaves the skin feeling smooth and clean.

No matter what face mask you are trying and when you're trying it, take that moment to set down your phone close your eyes (maybe put some cucumbers on if you're really feeling like relaxing) and take some deep breaths. Putting on a face mask is a great excuse to take 15 minutes out of your busy day to relax and recuperate. Everybody deserves a little bit of that in their lives.