5 DIY Christmas Gifts To Make For Your Best Friend

Heartfelt gifts always trump materialistic presents.

107
Unsplash

Over the years, I have come to realize how little I care about receiving materialistic gifts from friends during the holidays. When considering what gifts that I want to give my best friends for Christmas (or Hanukkah), I think more on the creative side of things and try to make something meaningful. Here are a few gifts that I have personally made, have had made for me or am planning on making!

1. A scrapbook

Making a scrapbook is extremely time-consuming, but totally worth it. Throw together photos of you and your friends, a letter, stickers or some inside jokes together for a perfectly thoughtful gift! It is something that can be cherished forever.

2. “Open when…” letters

I have made these cards a few times for friends and they never go unappreciated. They are cute and thoughtful, and always put a smile on the face of your friend! Some ideas for these include:

• You’re sad
  • You’re happy
  • You had a bad day
  • You got a new job
  • You need to feel loved
  • He/she breaks your heart

3. A memory jar

This is quite possibly one of my favorite gifts to give because I think that it shows the little details that you care so much about in a friendship. You can color-code the memories by song lyrics of your favorite songs to listen to together, your favorite memories and inside jokes!

4. A care package

You can make a care package with your best friends favorite things that she/he could use on a daily basis! Some examples include:

• Their favorite candy/food
  • A candle
  • Body wash/perfume/cologne
  • Coffee/tea packets
  • Chapstick/lotion

5. A shadow box

You can create a shadow box with photographs of memories that you and your friend have had together. You can also include little things such as concert tickets from a concert you attended together, shells from a beach trip you took or anything else that sparks your best memories with them!

I truly believe that homemade gifts trump bought gifts by a long shot. There is no better feeling in the world than knowing that someone spent time, instead of money, to create something for you that truly portrays how much they care about your friendship!

Happy holidays!