5 Children's Books About Incredible Women!

These women are amazing role models for any child!

21
Photo by Eliott Reyna on Unsplash

Women got the right to vote 100 years ago! However, women still struggle to be treated as equals in today's society. These five books are about women who did not care what society had to say to them. They broke barriers and left their marks on this world. These women are amazing role models for any child!

1. "Hidden Figures" by Margot Lee Shetterly

stars during night time Photo by Arti Kh on Unsplash

This story is about four black women and the part they had in getting America to space! Here is a link to the book.

2. "Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpré " by Anika Aldamuy Denise

Tattoo Read GIF by Ben Marriott Giphy

This book is about Pura and her journey to become a librarian and children's author! Here is a link to that book.

3. "Queen of Physics: How Wu Chien Shiung Helped Unlock the Secrets of the Atom" by  Teresa Robeson

atom GIF Giphy

She really is "The Queen of Science!" Women at STEM go hand-in-hand! Here is a link to the book.

4. "Ada Lovelace, Poet of Science: The First Computer Programmer" by  Diane Stanley

virtual reality computer GIF Giphy

She was not just the first woman programmer, but the FIRST programmer. Here is the link to the book!

5. "Margaret and the Moon"by Dean Robbins

To The Moon GIF by Crypto Marketing Giphy

This woman helped save the moon landing!! Here is the link.

These books would make a great addition to any book collection! Celebrate women and learn something new about women's history!!