5 Books to Read in Quarantine

5 Books to Read in Quarantine

just be careful of paper cuts

4
5 Books to Read in Quarantine

I don't know about you, but I definitely don't read enough. I love to read. However, normally at the end of a long day, whether that be reading all day for class or just having conversations, I'd much rather relax and do something else. On the other hand, Quarantine is different. I find at the end of the day I sometimes do need the mental stimulation that reading grants me. If you're also looking to read during Quarantine, here are my book recommendations:

1. Normal People

While I have not yet read this book, my copy arrived last night and is patiently waiting to be read. I have heard many many great things about this book last summer but have only recently found myself reading it. The reason this book popped back on my radar is because Hulu is making it into a show that premieres next week. Normal People is about two teenagers who are extremely different in High School- Mr. Popular and the Loner. However, once they get to college they begin a tumultuous romance that impacts not only their lives, but their family's as well.

The Nightingdale by Kristin Hannah

I have just started reading this novel, and I have found it extremely interesting. It takes place in World War II France and is the story about the women's war. The story tells us about two sisters who have to struggle in this war and find their place in German-occupied France. This breathtaking war-story occurs all while teaching us about the durability and human spirit of women.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Who doesn't love Mindy Kaling? This is a brilliantly funny autobiography written by one of the biggest names in female comedy. Mindy recounts the stories from her childhood that ultimately led to her achieving success as a head writer on The Office. She talks about college, love, friendship, and Hollywood; and she also puts some amazing photos from her youth that'll keep you laughing hard as you turn the pages.

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

I think this one basically speaks for itself. The novel focuses on the author's year-long journey to find true happiness. She reveals what she's learned and gives some secrets on how to live a better life. I think we all could use some happiness right now.

There There by Tommy Orange

This novel written by Tommy Orange tells the many tales of Native Americans living in Oakland, California. I am currently reading this in my Texts and Contexts class and have ultimately been really enjoying it. This book is obviously educational, but is genuinely a really interesting collection of connected stories.