5 Bible Verses to Read When Stressed About The Future

These are key.

7252

"What do you plan on doing for the rest of your life?"

The rest of my life... wow that is a long time. Truth is, I like many college students still don't know what I want to do for the REST OF MY LIFE. However does anyone, at any age, know exactly what they plan on doing for the rest of their life?

However, that doesn't stop the question from being asked everyday. It also doesn't stop the anxiety and stress about my future.

We all experience moments like this at any age. During those moments, it is important to go to the Word of God to give us peace and comfort about what lies ahead. Although we don't know the future, He does and if we listen to Him and follow His plan for us we will realize that His plan is truly greater than our plan could ever be.

"And we know that God works for the good of those who love Him; who have been called according to His purpose." --Romans 8:28

This verse is my go to when I become stressed about what lies ahead. This verse reminds me that God is NOT against me. Everything that happens in my life can be used for good if I give it to Him. His purpose for my life is greater than the pain I carry today.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." --Philippians 4:6-7

What makes this verse even more special to me is when I think about who wrote it and when he did. Paul wrote this verse while in jail and being persecuted for preaching Jesus's name. If Paul isn't anxious at life while he is in jail why should I be nervous about life when I'm sitting in my dorm not sure what I am doing in three years? If we give God our worries through prayer, we will be given peace.

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." --Proverbs 16:9

This verse humbles me when reading it. I can do my best to plan my future but the Lord IS more powerful than me and with that power He controls the future. I have no control of it in the end. As my girl crush Carrie Underwood once said, "Jesus take the wheel.." We have no control of life nor can we do it without Him.

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." -- Isaiah 40:31

This verse reminds me that my strength comes from the Lord. I must give my life to worshiping Him and I will have the strength to get through any day.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11

This verse is very common and used often, but is very important for us to remember daily. His plan at some times seems difficult and even not smart, however His plan for us is constantly greater than we could ever imagine. We must trust in Him and never forget that He is cheering for us and wants the best for us and His Kingdom.