5 Of The Best Punk-Ish Songs To Jam To

5 Of The Best Punk-Ish Songs To Jam To

For when you're feeling punk rock, but not too punk rock.

30
5 Of The Best Punk-Ish Songs To Jam To

If you don't know these songs already, get hip.

1. "Comatose" by jxdn

jxdn, also know as Jaden Hossler, is a really good artist to help define "Punk-ish". He has a grungy sound, but also has pop elements mixed into his music. This is a song that has a lot of emotions packed in it and has a bunch of different layers. I really like how fast pace the song is. That mixed with the more vulnerable and relatable lyrics makes it a really good jam song.

2. "Lose It" by SWMRS

SWMRS is a group with a very unique sound. This song in particular has a really good way of mixing the sadness of a breakup, but also the anger you feel after it. It is more laid back, but the way their sound is makes all their songs have a very eerie, dark sound to them. The song is based on how infuriating it is to break up with someone who has the same music taste as you. It makes it so hard to listen to your favorite songs without thinking of that person.

3. "MORBID MIND" by Jack Kays

Jack Kays isn't the most known name, but he will be. He mixes a punk sounding vocals in with acoustic instrumentals and really takes this song to the next level. I enjoy all of his music, but this is one of my favorites.

4. "near death fall comp (Must Watch Til End)" by Mom Jeans.

The vocals in this song emphasize the overall sadness of the song. The composition is more laid back and I think that really allows the painfully vulnerable lyrics to shine through. The instrumentals escalate, but at no point do they overpower the vocals, which I think is a really cool aspect of this song.

5. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World​

This song is a middle school anthem. I don't know anyone that doesn't know at least the chorus of this song. It brings me back to my preteen years. It is the definition of punk meets pop. This is a song that you can dance around your room to. It's not a grim and sad punk song and I think that's why it is such a versatile song that not just punk fans like.

If you liked this article, be sure to check out my Spotify for more music!