5 Of The Best Shows On Amazon Prime Video

If you haven't gotten into Amazon Prime's original series, you need to.

520
https://theslanted.com/2016/01/22047/amazon-studios-sets-dates-for/
Amazon

If you haven't gotten into Amazon Prime's original series and content, you're missing out! Although Netflix gets a lot of fanfare, Amazon Prime has some of the best shows streaming now.

If you're looking for a new, binge-worthy series -- look no further:

1. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"

"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" cleaned up at The Emmys, but that's not the only reason you should be watching this show. Follow Miriam "Midge" Maisel as she leaves her cushy domestic life behind to trailblaze her way into the male-dominated stand-up comedy scene. Set in NYC in the 1950s, this fabulous comedy chronicles her journey from small comedy clubs to her aspirations to reach "The Tonight Show" couch. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" is streaming on Amazon Prime Video now!

2. "Catastrophe"

Do. Not. Sleep. On. This. Show. "Catastrophe" is one of the most hilarious and well-written shows out there! Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan nail a truly authentic portrayal of life, love, and family. Sit back, stream this show on Amazon Prime Video and watch Rob and Sharon's zingers fly.

3. "Homecoming"

Julia Roberts takes her first major small screen role in this series, portraying Heidi Bergman, a social worker who works at the Homecoming group facility and helps soldiers re-acclimate to civilian life after serving. Heidi eventually leaves that position to start a different life living with her mother and being a waitress, but years later is questioned by the Department of Defense of why she left Homecoming in the first place. Tune in to find out what her actual story is and why she left that life.

4. "The Man in the High Castle"

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if the Allied Powers hadn't been triumphant in World War II? "The Man in the High Castle" gives us a glimpse into how things would be if Japan and Germany ruled the United States. The dystopian scenario has the U.S. split up into 3 parts: one Japanese part, one Nazi part, and one buffer part in the middle of the two. Although they are oppressed, people get a glimpse of a different world and strive to achieve freedom.

5. "Forever"

In "Forever," married couple Oscar and June are as predictable as ever— comfortable in their relationship but bordering on the edge of simply going through the motions. They have had the same routines, conversations, and vacations year after year. However, June decides it's time to spice things up, and the couple decides to embark on their first ever ski trip. This comedy series follows Oscar and June as they navigate this vacation and their love.