Apps That Everyone Should Have

Apps That Everyone Should Have

Here are five of my current favorite and most used apps.

6
Apps That Everyone Should Have

In this day and age, everyone is using some sort of electronic device - whether it be a phone, tablet, laptop - most of us have one or the other or both. Aside from pre-downloaded apps or popular ones like Snapchat, Instagram, and GroupMe, here is a list of some of my favorite and most used apps for editing, school, and communication!

1. Houseparty

My friends and I are constantly Facetiming, but the iPhone 7 doesn't have the group video feature. Recently, my friend introduced me to this app, which allows you to have group video chats with your friends. So far, I haven't noticed any limits on the number of friends who are able to join; I've been in a chat with up to 6 people in it. Essentially, it is like Skype, but more phone-friendly, whereas Skype is easier to use on a laptop, based on my experience.

2. Daily Horoscope

Most people who know me know that I keep up with my zodiac sign (which is Leo by the way) and this app. Everyday, I read my horoscope and think about how it may apply to current projects that I'm working on, my relationships with others, and a personal relationship with myself. Horoscopes aren't for everyone. I get that. But even if you aren't a firm believer in them, it won't hurt to read the advice on there and take it into consideration.

3. Remind

Many of my teachers use the Remind app to give us updates to our schedule for the day or reminders of important deadlines. For those of you who also have teachers on Remind, I highly suggest downloading the app as well. Even though the texts send to your phone without the app, Remind allows you to reply to your teacher if you have questions. Personally, I have used it a lot for communicating with teachers about questions or just keeping up with them over break!

4. Meitu

Meitu is probably my favorite photo editing app at the moment that I use for posting pictures on Instagram. I previously used the common VSCO Cam until I discovered all of the bright and unique filters on Meitu.

5. Truth or Dare

If you can't think of a good Truth or Dare question, this app will randomly select players and ideas. It's fun to play when you're bored waiting in line or on a car ride rather than using up all your data on social media!

Instead of using some of the most popular social media apps, maybe you'll find some of these games or communicating networks fun and helpful as well!