5 Amazing Places to Visit in Turkey on Your Honeymoon

Turkey on Your Honeymoon

17
Turkey

Explore historical caves, terraced basins, culture-rich cities and coastal towns in Turkey.

What you might not know is that this fascinating country is full of surprises.

Perhaps you thought of Turkish tea or baklava. What you might not know is that this fascinating country is full of surprises. For example, you can stay overnight in rustic, yet luxurious cave suites. Yes, in a cave! And you can wander through centuries-old bazaars or ride in hot air balloons, among other adventures. You can do it all in Turkey and even bring a piece of it home in the form of a beautiful, hand-made carpet.

Tour to Turkey is a great value for money destination and offers the perfect blend of European and Asian architecture, lifestyle and exotic influences. Turkey has been the centre of human civilisations for centuries, and has seen the rise and fall of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires which greatly influenced its culture and heritage.

On a honeymoon here there are so many incredible things to do. You can take timeout to explore the local culture and customs other than the attractions. Indulge in activities like a relaxing Turkish bath which comes with exquisite spa to get a true insight into the rich heritage of Turkish life. With your partner, explore the local streets and relish upon sweets, and street food made with rare Turkish spices.

Romance in Cappadocia

The town of Cappadocia features one of the best natural landscapes around Turkey and is home to the most exquisite of resorts, restaurants, and a unique lifestyle worth learning more about.

Cappadocia is also known for its ancient cave cities. Some of which were carved as deep as 9 stories below the surface! Other caves have been carved into the side of 'hoodoos' (aka fairy chimneys) formed by a unique erosion process, making this surreal destination all the more stunning.

What attracts a plethora of tourists to this attraction, is its famous hot air balloon rides which take you through a thrilling ride with spectacular views overlooking the local rock formations and landscapes. Get stunning pictures at 500 metres above the ground with the pristine sun setting in the background.

Istanbul- the Capital of Turkey

Istanbul is the perfect city destination for honeymooners, in this imperial city you can visit the grandiose Hagia Sophia and marvel at the artistic beauty of this architectural wonder. The wonderful blue mosque which is one of the most exquisite tourist attractions of Istanbul is a must see attraction.

Istanbul is home to some of the world's most beautiful sites including the Hagia Sophia, Sultanahmet Square, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar (which has 4,000 shops and 61 covered streets!) Did someone say shopping?

Bathe at the Pamukkale Hot Springs

Located in the western stretch of Turkish land, the serene Pamukkale hot springs are one of the most enchanting and romantic tourist destination to visit. This natural wonder consists of calcium and stalactite formations hosting a perfect spotless white landscape. This limestone formation, also called as Cotton candy, also features hot and natural hot springs for a rejuvenating bathing experience with your loved ones. A bathing excursion at the hot water, is known to release the body from all sorts of stress and consists of healing properties as well. After your relaxing bath, thrillophilia recommends a walking stroll to the ruins of Hierapolis and hierapolis theatre as well.

Cunda Island

Accessible by ferry, Cunda is the largest of the Ayvalik Islands located between Turkey and Greece. With quaint stone houses adorned with brightly colored shutters and winding cobblestone alleyways, Cunda is truly picture-perfect in every way. Colorful fishing boats are anchored around this picturesque island, which was formerly inhabited by a large Greek population. Cunda is also home to ancient olive trees that still produce some of the country’s finest olive oil.

5. Safranbolu

Take your partner for a romantic stay at the old cottage and motels built in Ottoman style architecture and enjoy the best reviewed services, fun ambiance and Turkish food at amazing prices. Safranbolu also sells the best of sweet treats which can be relished upon the main alleys of the Old town from local shops and street vendors.