3 Thoughts As I Prepare To Transfer
Education

3 Thoughts As I Prepare To Transfer

Low-key still don't know what I want to do.... but at the same time I do...

173
3 Thoughts As I Prepare To Transfer

Welp, this is the big oof mood hahah! I am exactly halfway through college and yet I still don't know exactly what I want to do with my life at this point. I know I want to go into a journalism field, but there are way too many things that I enjoy doing in life both in and out of college. So narrowing down everything into what I can see myself doing for the next 20 to 30 years really makes it hard. I have quite a few things that I am passionate about, being a firefighter, sports broadcasting, and public relations.

So reading others, and even talking with my academic advisor before I transfer schools, it really makes me sit down and think saying, hey. It is ok to be at this point in your life and know what you want to do in generally, but these next two years are really going to catch up on you fast.

It is also at this point that I decided I will be transferring, because this town is not fit for a city slicker like myself, ahaha. But really being about an hour from a smaller market city that has a bad reputation and little to no internships, does not help my case into going into journalism. I cannot wait to get back home to outside of Philadelphia and have more opportunities to actually show my colors and have the best opportunities that I can get.

Sitting here thinking about it, my passion is going to be hard to determine, but I do know one thing, these are 3 things that I am not going to miss about being at my old school.

Townies

In Shippensburg, the local population in the town are very much Dixieland people. They are the full "yee-yee", have jacked up trucks and the local hangout is definitely the auto parts store because their 90's crapbox keeps having problems with its struts. But many of the local people give us college students a bad reputation and you feel the judging any time you go into town wearing Shippensburg or another college sweatshirt or name.

Drama

Literally, everyone just shares each others drama and it's not even worth it. The stress and aggravation that comes with it, is just awful. Then again when you decide to put a state-funded school in the middle of an area that is completely in the middle of no-where and the local population has completely opposite views to what the majority of the student population is, expect conflict.

The Odor

If you go to Shippensburg or another rural school within Pennsylvania, you definitely know what I am talking about. When the wind blows a certain way, IT BLOWS. The worst thing in the world is when it just rains and now the whole town smells like the rear end of moo-moos. Or at the end of the spring semester when the local farmers begin to get their crops ready and that process involves fertilizing the fields. YUCK.