42 Songs To Fit Your Feelings During Every Stage Of A Breakup

It's a whirlwind of emotions, but there's a song for that.
92

Nothing but time can heal a breakup, but music sure can help. Whether you're feeling despair, anger, or just plain confusion, here are some songs that will feel like they read your mind, and might just help heal your heart.

1. For the moments when you really miss them and just need to cry about it

These are the songs we listen to when we're crying alone in our room, or staring dramatically out the window wondering why this world is so darn cruel.

"From Here To Eternity" by Frank Sinatra

"It Never Entered My Mind" by Frank Sinatra

"High Hopes" by Kodaline

"All I Want" by Kodaline

"If You Ever Want To Be In Love" by James Bay

"Let It Go" by James Bay

"Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Keith Urban

"Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss

"Broken" by Lifehouse

"Drowning Shadows" by Sam Smith

*silent tears*

"Regresa A Mi" by Il Divo

"After The Thrill Is Gone" by the Eagles

"The Scientist" by Coldplay

"Better Man" by Little Big Town

"Colder Weather" by Zac Brown Band

*sobs*

2. For when you feel nothing but angry at them for breaking your heart

These songs just make us feel so justified, so powerful. Would recommend listening to these while at the gym, because like working out, they remind us that we are strong, independent individuals who deserve better.

"The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac

"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac

"Words Of Love" by The Mamas & The Papas

You ought to know by now...tell 'em, Mama Cass.

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood

Maybe this isn't the exact situation, but just listening to all the stuff she does to his car makes you feel avenged.

"Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet" by Relient K

"Sahara" by Relient K

"Lifeline" by Thousand Foot Krutch

"Hero" by Skillet

"I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift

"Picture to Burn" by Taylor Swift

Why does fire feel so good right now?!

"When We Were On Fire" by James Bay

"Don't" by Ed Sheeran

I personally think the clean version is angry enough; listeners beware.

3. And for when you finally decide they aren't worth the pain, you're better off without them, and you're finally ready to move on

"Don't Worry 'bout Me" by Frank Sinatra

"Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac

"I Have Made Mistakes" by The Oh Hellos

"Let It All Out" by Relient K

"Moving On" by Matt Kearney

"Losing" by Tenth Avenue North

"Blue Ain't Your Color" by Keith Urban

"White Horse" by Taylor Swift

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2

"I Don't Need A Soul" by Relient K

"This Is The End" by Relient K

Honestly, this whole album is perfect; it runs the gamut of relationship emotions. It is the breakup album, after all.

"Heart Of Gold" by Neil Young

"Long As I Can See The Light" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Make Your Own Kind Of Music" by The Mamas & The Papas

"I Won't Let You Go" by Switchfoot

There's so much more to your life than the end of this relationship.