40 Feel Good Movies For The Soul

40 Feel Good Movies For The Soul

Take a breather, do yourself a favor, and enjoy one of these popular films.

3040
40 Feel Good Movies For The Soul
Georgi Vagim

Sometimes, you just gotta take a step back from the stresses of everyday life. You may not have a whole lot of time to do so, and it's so easy for us to get bogged down by everyday tasks and responsibilities that we forget that we are allowed to be happy. We are allowed to have fun and to actually live life! This may be a contradiction but sometimes one of the best ways to encourage ourselves to "get out there" is by sitting down and popping in a movie. Included is a list of very popular "feel good" films that you can consider for the next time you need to recharge your battery. These are not in any particular order and each come with encouraging and uplifting messages for our hearts and souls.

1. Remember the Titans

Nurse- "Only kin allowed in here."
Bertier- "Alice, are you blind? Don't you see the family resemblance? That's my brother."

2. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Bailey- “Maybe the truth is, there's a little bit of loser in all of us. Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things.”

3. Marley and Me

John Grogan- " A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"

4. UP

Mr. Fredricksen- "Hey, let's play a game. It's called "See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest"
Russell- "Cool! My mom loves that game!"

5. Rudy

Pete- "Well, you know what my dad always said, Having dreams is what makes life tolerable."

6. Blind Side

Leigh Anne Touhy- "Hey...Crotch mouth! Yeah, you! Zip it! Or I'll come up there and zip it for ya!"

7. The Breakfast Club

Andrew- "We're all pretty Bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it that's all."

8. Karate Kid

Daniel- "How did you do that!? How did you do that!?"
Miyagi- "Don't know. First time."

9. Holes

Zero- "I'm not stupid, I know everyone thinks I am, I just don't like answering stupid questions."

10. She's the Man

Viola- "No man... if you wanna kiss her... You go right ahead and you kiss her! I mean, knock your self out! You just take her... then kiss her. Then kiss the crap out of her!"

11. The Intern

Jules- "Nobody calls men "men" anymore. Have you noticed? Women went from "girls" to "women."Men went from "men" to "boys?" This is a problem in the big picture. Do you know what I mean?"

12. 10 Things I Hate About You

Walter Stratford- "Hello, Katarina. Make anyone cry today?"
Katarina Stratford- "Sadly, no. But it's only 4:30."

13. Anastasia

Vladimir- "She certainly has a mind of her own."
Demitri- "Yeah. I hate that in a woman..."

14. Dirty Dancing

Johnny- "Now you'll hurt me if you don't trust me. Alright?"

15. Warm Bodies

R.- "There's a lot of ways to get to know a person. Eating her dead boyfriend's brains is one of the more unorthodox methods, but..."

16. The Help

Minny- "Minny don't burn fried chicken."

17. The Duff

Bianca Piper- " In the end, it isn't about popularity or even getting the guy. It's about understanding that no matter what label is thrown your way, only you can define yourself."

18. P.S. I Love You

Holly Kennedy- "I don't want to make any mistakes."
Gerry Kennedy- "Then you're in the wrong species love. Be a dog."

19. Leap Year

Anna- "You fried my Blackberry!"
Declan- "You fried the whole village, idiot!"

20. Toy Story 3

Jessie- "Buzz we're friends!"
Buzz-" Spare me your lies, temptress! Your emperor's defeated, and I'm immune to your bewitching good looks!"

21. Footloose

Ren- "Hey! I thought this was a party? LET'S DANCE!"

22. Letters to Juliet

Claire- "One of the great joys in life is having one's hair brushed."

23. Princess Diaries

Joe- "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission."

24. The Proposal

Margaret- "What am I allergic to?"
Andrew- "Pine nuts, and the full spectrum of human emotion."

25. The Mighty Ducks

Gordon Bombay- "You guys know what it's like to be misunderstood, right?
Peter Mark- "Yeah of course...We're kids!"

26. 50 First Dates

Lucy- "Nothing beats a first kiss."

27. Age of Adaline

Adaline Bowman- "Tell me something I can hold onto forever and never let go."
Ellis Jones- "Let go."

28. Sing

Buster Moon- "Don't let fear stop you from doing the thing you love."

29. Seabiscuit

Red Pollard- "You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, but we didn't. He fixed us. Every one of us. And I guess in a way we kinda fixed each other too."

30. Stick it

Joanne- "You know boys?"
Haley Graham- "Yes, they're called 'friends'. You should try it sometime."

31. Moana

Maui- "If you start singing, I'm going to throw up."

32. Pride and Prejudice

Elizabeth Bennet- "Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony, which is why I will end up an old maid."

33. Soul Surfer

Bethany Hamilton- " I don't need easy. I just need possible."

34. Matilda

Matilda- "No more Miss Nice Girl."

35. Pitch Perfect

Amy- "I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake!"

36. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Tony- "Drunk and tone-deaf. Never a good combination."

37. Tangled

Rapunzel- "I have made the decision to trust you."
Flynn Rider- "A horrible decision really."

38. The Iron Giant

Hogarth- "You are who you choose to be."

39. Miracle on 34th Street

Fred Gailey-"Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to."

40. The Choice

Travis- "Lady you bother me to no end."