4 Ways To Celebrate Galentine's Day

4 Ways To Celebrate Galentine's Day

Single, and ready to sit on the couch with ice cream and Netflix.

34
4 Ways To Celebrate Galentine's Day
pexels.com

February 13 rings in the sixth best holiday of the year, right behind Mardi Gras and actual Valentine’s Day: Galentine’s Day! Made famous by Leslie Knope and a slew of single-life memes, this faux-holiday is a great excuse to get your peeps together and celebrate friendship, no matter your gender or lack thereof. Here are some fun ways to kick it with your crew (that aren’t sitting on the couch and eating junk food).

1. Have a Pinterest party.

Pile into Becky’s mom’s minivan and head to Michael’s, because it’s mothereffing craft night. Whether you want to decoupage a lampshade or DIY a dog bowl, sometimes crafting on your own is less fun and more tear-your-hair-out frustrating. Doing it with your pals might actually make it enjoyable, even if you end up spilling wine on your collage.

2. Make a million-billion cookies.

Everyone loves cookies, even your friend Tori who says she can’t have gluten, sugar or do anything fun ever. Get your Rachael Ray on and bake enough heart-shaped confections to feed an army of Cupids, plus a swarm of your tipsy single friends. The best wines to pair with cookies are as follows: I don’t know? All of them, probably? Do I look like a sommelier to you?

3. Paint pottery.

Is there anything more white suburban mom than painting pottery supplied to you by a local small business, probably owned by a white suburban mom? No! Make yourself anything from a travel mug to a jewelry dish, or if you’re too lazy to put three coats of paint on something that big, make a shot glass. Or would it be a shot mug?

4. Go for a winter hike.

Disclaimer: do not do this without the proper winter garb. No, Lexi, you cannot go hiking in a peacoat and leggings. Get bundled up, hustle over to the closest trailhead, and soldier on like the Night’s Watch hero you’ve always had inside you. Handy tip: hot cocoa with peppermint Schnapps is the perfect accessory to accompany you on your trek. Make sure to snap that group pic for Insta before your fingers get too cold.