4 Things I’m Thankful For During The Year Of A Pandemic

Through scary and unfortunate times, it's important to reflect on the good to keep you going.

33

My Health.

I'll admit, I've never been one to pay close attention to my health, but through this pandemic, I have learned how important it is to cherish your bodily health overall whether that be physically or mentally. Though I've been fortunate enough to remain in good health during these times, it is so important to be mindful of others when you are out in public. Wearing masks is just as important for your health as it is for those around you!

Books.

Living through a pandemic is a constant era of loneliness and panic. One way that I've survived this is reading! Growing up, reading was something that I valued a lot and as I got older, I never really made time to do so. Diving back into reading daily has been a way to relieve myself from the stress and chaos around me and have a bit of an escape!

Time.

I will say, at the beginning of this mayhem, my goal was to make the days pass quicker in hopes of it all ending. I would take plenty of naps, and watch movies just to pass the time by. Now, I've realized the value of time and how every second of the day counts! Waking up early gives me so much time to be productive and still have the rest of the day to myself for leisure activities.

Home.

Many of us have grown tired of staying inside day in and day out, but it is important to remember what a privilege it is to have shelter. Being able to have my family around me has been something worth noting. It takes a lot of strength to get through a pandemic, but having people who you love around you is very promising.