4 Things I learned In 2019

4 Things I learned In 2019

Things I will be taking into 2020 with me as well.

5
4 Things I learned In 2019

As 2019 came to a close, I began to think about what I wanted the upcoming 2020 to look like for me. 2019 was an incredible year for me, full of trips to the Dominican Republic and Memphis, TN, and Florida, graduation, starting college and joining a sorority. When January 1st arrived, I could not help but feel a little sad about all of the memories I was leaving behind in 2019. This also meant that I had to evaluate the things I have learned in 2019 and put them into action for 2020.

Not everyone deserves your time and effort

At the end of high school and the beginning of college, I realized that some people will not appreciate you no matter how many times you have tried to be there for them. You are not going to be everyone's best friend and not everyone is going to care about you in the way you want them to, so I learned to see this and back away from that relationship.

College is the time to be selfish

When I got to college, I saw that you do not have to be friends with everyone like in high school. You can say no to things people ask you to do. You can be whoever you want to be and make whatever decisions you want without your friends or parents guiding you through it.

Healthy eating is not to be forgotten about

I ate healthily and worked out all year until I got to college, and I got the mindset that walking to class and eating a salad for lunch would be the same. Nights out and dinners full of carbs got the best of me, so I have learned to get back to healthy foods AND workout classes, not just walking.

Say what you need to say

I learned over the past year that communication means a lot and things are always getting mixed up. People ignore people to prove a point and then eventually lose a friendship. People hold all of their feelings inside and let it eat them up instead of just letting those feelings out, whether it be anger, regret, romantic, or even just everyday thoughts. I will admit that I have done this all of my life, but I have begun to see the positive outcomes of just saying what is on my heart