4 Struggles ONLY Music Fanatics Understand

Here are four struggles only music fanatics understand.

1. Being asked " Have you heard of this song/artist?"

I have been asked if I have heard of an artist, or a song so many times. The thing that makes this so frustrating is that I probably tried to introduce this song/artist to the person months before and they asked. I like knowing music trends before they're popular and introducing music to some of my friends doesn't always take until they hear by themselves.

​2. Being overwhelmed by all the music out there

I often find myself in the funk of not knowing where to begin while listening to new music. So much music is out there and sometimes it can be extremely overwhelming when trying to listen to it all. The thought of never being able to listen to all the music that's in the world makes me so mad.

3. Being asked "Who are your favorite artists?" ​

The dreaded question. If you're anything like me, you can never answer this question. I have a hard time even picking my favorite genre. I always feel like I forget an artist or change my mind 3 minutes later. It ultimately just depends on the day and what mood I'm in.. It's such a hard question to answer.

4. Annoying your friends with random tidbits and facts about an artist or song

I know my friends are tired of hearing random facts that I have saved up for when the song comes on. I love learning about how songs are produced, what certain lyrics mean, and what the artist was going for when they released the song. My friends just like listening to music, not knowing the entire back story of a song.

If you liked this article, Make sure to check out my Spotify for music!