4 Haunted Destinations in New York City

4 Haunted Destinations in New York City

One way that I've been staying in the spooky mood is reading up on real-world haunted places. The scariest ones though, are those that are located so closely to me!

8
4 Haunted Destinations in New York City

The House of Death

https://frightfind.com/house-of-death/

Dating back to the 1900s, famous American writer, Mark Twain, lived on 14 West 10th street. This building was also home to many other historically significant people in NYC. This building is deemed haunted by over 20 spirits, with reported visuals on the ghost of Mark Twain in a white suit. Throughout the many years of new residents staying in this building, there have been numerous reports of shadows, whispers, and figures that have been further observed by paranormal investigators.

The Manhattan Well

In 1799, Gulielma and Levi shared a secret wedlock with plans to elope. After sneaking off in the middle of the night, Gulielma's body was found a few weeks later, found at the bottom of a well with strangulation marks around her neck. This murder mystery trial became the first murder trial covered by the media...ever. And it still one of the most infamous unsolved murder cases. It's so weird because now this well sits in the middle of a clothing store in Soho's, 'COS'. Before being owned by this clothing store, the well was surrounded by a restaurant, whose owners made many claims about bottles being thrown across the bar and workers reporting strange happenings like whispers and figures.

The Morris-Jumel Mansion

Historically marked as manhattan's oldest house, sits the Morris-Jumel Mansion. It was built in the 1700s and served as a war room for George Washington as well as a home for Aaron Burr. This house offers so many ghost stories, which the tour guides of this location are more than happy to tell. People, including paranormal investigators, have heard voices, disembodied voices, and objects moving around. Using electronic voice phenomena (EVP), paranormal investigators even heard voices that you can listen to here.

Flushing Quaker Meeting House

The Flushing Quaker Meeting House, is one of the oldest houses of worship in NYC. This one is a little on the reserved side of haunted places as it is not a very famous one. The spirit that haunts this building is said to not be necessarily an evil spirit, yet one that still lurks around the premises as many claims of a person dressed in white has been reported seen along the graveyard that resides in the back of the building.

If you're braver than myself, checking out one of these haunted places might be something to add onto your bucket list!