4 Halloween Costumes You Should Try This Year

Halloween is soon approaching, so you need to prepare for your costume!
160

It's October, and you know what that means: Halloween!! Halloween has always been a fan favorite for those who enjoy dressing up, but can be a pain for those who lack creativity or passion for costumes and makeup. For this Halloween, you have multiple options here to look back at. So, save your American Horror Story binge watching for another night and get out and make it your spookiest night yet!

1. Senior Citizen

The costume for this is relatively easy, just find a sweater and some pajama pants with slippers and add slight wrinkles to your face! This look is super fun to create, and not many people think of doing it! The only products you need for the wrinkles is a brown eyeliner or eyeshadow, and just draw naturally placed wrinkles all around. Retirement for the win!

2. Cleopatra

Channel your inner Egyptian with this colorful take on a classic Cleopatra look! For the costume, you will need a white dress, gold bet, blue shawl, and sandals. The makeup look can be done with a teal shadow all the way up to your brow, inner and outer winged liner (pointing the wing downwards in the outer corner) and a peachy lip. Walk like an Egyptian when going to your Halloween event this year!

3. Fox

Being an animal for Halloween is a classic, but being a fox can change it up a bit, and you can look super cute with a friend! For the fox, you will need an orange top, jeans or white pants, and a fox tail with ears. The makeup can be a bit challenging, because a few more products are used. The lower half of your face needs to be a couple of shades lighter than your natural skin tone, add an orange shadow all over the lid and into the crease, and then go ham on the black liner. The liner should cover the tip of your nose, connecting down on your cupid's bow, adding small whiskers above your lips. I also added winged liner on my eyes, furthering the inner corner's wing down beside the bridge of my nose on each side. Although the makeup is a bit challenging, it pays off in the end!

4. Car Crash Victim

Many people cannot stand the sight of blood, and just looking at someone else bleeding creeps them out. If you're like me, however, you enjoy the creepy special effect makeup style that deals with all things gore. The costume is really simple, just wear a normal, everyday outfit. The makeup, however is the hardest makeup out of all four looks mentioned. To make a bruise, you want to use a dark red to start, blending the edges. You then want to add purple towards the center of the wound, blending into the red. To make your bruise more realistic, adding a tiny bit of yellow to the outside of the bruise and blending it well, will help. For the open wounds, I used scar wax, molding it into the shape of an oval, keeping the middle open. Once it is placed on your skin, use the same bruising technique on top of the scar wax. Add some fake blood to the inside of your wax, and let some of it drip down your skin. Now, you can live your creepiest life ever on the creepiest night of the year!

All of the products needed to achieve each look can be easily found at Walmart, or any drug store that sells Halloween makeup. Stay safe out on the town, and remember to make it an awesome night. Happy Halloween!