35 SpongeBob Quotes Every 2000s Middle Schooler Knows

"Are You Ready?"

14257
Tablet Magazine

For many children that grew up in the 2000s, Spongebob was a staple for everyday television-watching. There were always marathons and reruns playing around the time school ended and all throughout the night. These children who grew up watching Spongebob are likely to recognize a quote from the show if they heard it- or are even more likely to still be using the quotes daily.

If you’re like me and still remember all of those classic Spongebob episodes, then you’re guaranteed to appreciate all of these quotes:

1. “I’m Dirty Dan!”

When SpongeBob set Patrick straight.

2. “The Krusty Krab Pizza is the pizza for you and me.”

When SpongeBob got a little soulful.

3. “I’m ugly and I’m proud.”

When SpongeBob truly reflected on himself.

4. “Escalators, Escalators! …Eels.”

When SpongeBob was a sore loser.

5. “We should take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else!”

When Patrick really took initiative.

6. “What? What are they selling?”

Chocolate! She always hated it.

7. “I’m ready!”

How was he always ready?

8. “FIRMLY GRASP IT.”

When Squidward was learning how to jellyfish.

9. “Is mayonnaise an instrument?”

No Patrick. And horseradish isn’t an instrument either.

10. “Is this the Krusty Krab?” “No this is Patrick.”

When Patrick almost had an identity crisis.

11. “Nosferatu!”

When the Krusty Krab had an uninvited guest that everyone just seemed to recognize.

12. “My leg!”

That one fish you always hear in the background who should really see a specialist.

13. “F is for friends who do stuff together...”

U is for uranium bombs. N is for no survivors. You know the words.

14. “The 'Campfire Song' song.”

“Squidward! …Good!”

15. “East? I thought you said weast!”

When Patrick got a little confused.

16. “The lid.”

When Patrick learned to open a jar.

17. “WATER!”

When Sandy got all weird.

18. “Imagination.”

When SpongeBob taught Squidward a lesson.

19. “The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time.”

When Spongebob was an entertainer.

20. “Are you Squidward? It’s okay, take your time.”

When Patrick tried looking for Squidward.

21. “I wumbo. You wumbo. He, she, we, wumbo. Wumboing, Wumbology, the study of wumbo? C’mon, Spongebob, this is first grade.”

When Patrick reminded Spongebob of wumbology.

22. “Why are you mad?” “I can’t see my forehead.”

When Patrick had a real problem.

23. “What does Claustrophobic mean?" “It means he’s afraid of Santa Claus."

When Patrick really scared Squidward.

24. “A floating shopping list!”

When Mr.Krabs knew exactly how to scare SpongeBob.

25. “Future!”

When Squidward was NOT okay.

26. “Squidward smells…good.”

When SpongeBob had the decency to finish someone’s graffiti.

27. “The boy cries you a sweater of tears and you kill him.”

When Mr. Krabs set Squidward straight.

28. “I'll have you know I stubbed my toe last week while watering my spice garden and I only cried for twenty minutes.”

When Spongebob explained just how tough he is.

29. “You took my only food. Now I’m gonna starve.”

When reality set in for Patrick.

30. “I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning, I break my legs, and every afternoon, I break my arms. At night, I lay awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep.”

When SpongeBob and Patrick got a reality check.

31. “The only other way out is through the... perfume department!”

When SpongeBob and Patrick came face to face with their biggest fear.

32. "See ya later, Bran Flakes! What a nice cereal box.”

I mean, he is a rectangle.

33. "Art thou feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?”

When Mr. Krabs really just wasn’t feeling it.

34. “May I take your hat, Sir?”

I think Patrick was great at this job.

35. “Be assertive! No, not insertive!"

When SpongeBob got a little too friendly.

One noticeable thing about these quotes is that they are all from the older episodes of Spongebob. I don’t know what Spongebob is like now, but I’m sure its nowhere near as good as it was in the early 2000’s. Putting that aside, it is cool to see Spongebob still going strong after all these years. Long live Spongebob Squarepants.