35 Moments That Changed A Life And Can Change Yours Too

Words of wisdom from strangers far and wide.

58
PublicCo

We've all been there, hanging on to the end of that short rope that is our sanity. Sometimes it seems as if everything is just piling up against us with no end in sight, and it's these moments where we are forced to either step up to the plate or seek out a shoulder to lean on.

There is no "wrong" answer or response, as we're just doing what we can to stay afloat and keep ourselves together. Usually, in these times of struggle, we seek out uplifting words to raise our spirits, and sometimes we find exactly what we need to hear.

I'd like to take this opportunity to reflect on key moments in the lives of complete strangers, moments where they were given advice that changed their ways of thinking and seeing the world. We see inspiration splattered across social media every day, but today I want to share the words that worked.

These comments, stories, and quotes have been pulled from a thread on Reddit which sparked to life from a single question:

What is something said that forever changed your way of thinking?

1. Reddit response by user: eyecebrakr

2. Reddit response by user: fafafee

3. Reddit response by user: 78fivealive

4. Reddit response by user: charlie_bugs

5. Reddit response by user: [deleted]

6. Reddit response by user: VahnRPG

7. Reddit response by user: Bullsgirlusf

8. Reddit response by user: The Golden Image

9. Reddit response by user: SomethingFoul

10. Reddit response by user: TonyPajaaamas

11. Reddit response by user: kjb_linux

12. Reddit response by user: michiforjoy

13. Reddit response by user: zim1985

14. Reddit response by user: jwiggler

15. Reddit response by user: let them burn

16. Reddit response by user: fivefingerlarry

17. Reddit response by user: Ehoule370

18. Reddit response by user: whiskeydodger

19. Reddit response by user: [deleted]

20. Reddit response by user: econboy

21. Reddit response by user: chlorpicrin

22. Reddit response by user: dusmeyedin

23. Reddit response by user: jazz4

24. Reddit response by user: Zoombiniton

25. Reddit response by user: [deleted]

26. Reddit response by user: humanity78

27. Reddit response by user: ourwinter

28. Reddit response by user: JustOneMoreIsFine

29. Reddit response by user: adamsorkin

30. Reddit response by user: TheFloood

31. Reddit response by user: IAmTheToastGod

32. Reddit response by user: TourdeSol

33. Reddit response by user: b0redoutmymind

34. Reddit response by user: Troubleshoot101

35. Reddit response by user: jtyner1

I know words can only do so much on their own, but I believe that the "right" words have the power to teach and create lasting change. Some of these may not seem important to you, but they could mean the world to someone else. I hope you walk away with your spirit raised and head held high.