35 Things For College Kids To Do Over Winter Break

Because we can get bored REALLY easily.
213

Winter break for college students is a magical time. After the stress of finals have taken over our lives for a week, it’s nice to leave campus and relax in the comfort of your own home. However, once the holidays are actually over, it’s hard to find new things to do for another two weeks. There’s only so many times you can lay around the house in different spots for hours on end, and getting into that routine is something you don’t want to do. So what do you do then? Here are 35 activities that could be enjoyable for you during these next few weeks.

1. Sleep for 15 hours straight.

2. Re-watch all ten seasons of “Friends.”

3. Go outside for once.

4. Retreat back inside to the safety of your home when you realize it’s too cold out.

5. Read a book for fun.

6. Check all the textbooks you need to buy for next semester.

7. Have a mini heart-attack when you see the price of said textbooks.

8. Drive around your hometown for old time’s sake.

9. Stare at your old high school from the parking lot and contemplate if you should go in or not.

10. Get back in your car when you decide not to go in and vow to never return there again.

11. Eat at your favorite restaurant with all of your high school friends.

12. Run into old classmates that you never wanted to see again after graduation.

13. Pretend to be really excited to see them anyway.

14. Explain what your college life is like a thousand times to friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc.

15. Attempt to work out.

16. Do your laundry without having to fight for a washer or dryer.

17. Go to a house party that a friend from high school is throwing.

18. Make cupcakes.

19. Look at old pictures from pre-college days.

20. Remember how cringe-worthy you were in middle school, but how you’re so much better now.

21. Play with your pet.

22. Instagram-stalk your ex.

23. Contemplate hitting up your ex again over break out of sheer boredom.

24. Write a book.

25. Teach yourself how to play a new instrument.

26. Watch conspiracy theory documentaries.

27. Mess around with Snapchat filters.

28. Have an 80s movie marathon.

29. Play Mario Kart (or any classic video game).

30. Build a pillow fort.

31. FaceTime friends from college.

32. Do something nice for your parents.

33. Complain about being bored all the time.

34. Think about how much you miss your friends from college.

35. Countdown the days until you get back on campus.

Being home is nice and all, but there are some days where we just want our freedom back. So hang in there for another few weeks and you’ll be stressing about classes soon enough!