I Miss West Georgia: UWG Students Discuss Life in Quarantine

Our thoughts on the Quarantine...

102
@MaggieKooi

In the age of COVID-19, a lot of things have shifted. this pandemic has gotten to the worst of us. We have all been impacted.

We decided to ask some current and former students about their outlook on COVID-19. Let's meet the panel:

Where and how & wise are you spending quarantine? What's the vibe?

Maggie: I'm spending quarantine at my house. It's a pretty laid back vibe. We are doing happy hours on our porch.

Simone: The majority has been towards groceries. I've never spent this much money on food. I honestly can't believe I eat so much for one person.

Abby: I am spending quarantine inside and it's been kind of relaxing. Apart from the excessive amount of schoolwork, I have gotten to try some new things.

How do you feel about our schools' response to COVID-19?

Maggie: I think our school has done a great job updating our students via email

Simone: UWG has been better than other universities.

Abby: I feel the University has done everything they can do to respond to the pandemic. They made decisions quickly on students having online classes and it was the best move.

When did you start to know it was serious? When did you start taking action?

Maggie: From the news and social media outlets.

Simone: I heard about COVID in January and knew it would get to the states at this point. I was already hygiene cautious so I still maintained it during the quarantine.

Abby: I did not realize the severity of it until the school decided to close. We are were told to move out quickly after the decision was made. This is what made me start understanding the effect. I started taking action soon after by being more cautious about what I touched and keeping my hands away from my mouth.

What do you miss most about being on campus?

Maggie: everything, my friends, and classes.

Simone: I miss seeing my friends every day.

Abby: I miss being able to see my friends and be spontaneous. It was so easy to just randomly get together and do something fun. Now, everything is closed and all of us are far away at home.

What's something you didn't realize you would miss?

Maggie: Going out to eat and just having fun in Carrollton.

Simone: I didn't think I'd miss going out that much. I miss the mall and going to the club with friends and I'm a homebody most of the time.

Abby: I didn't realize I would miss going to my classes. It seems like it has been a while since having real human interaction and now I miss being in a classroom with other people.

What's the first thing you're doing when you get back?

Maggie: As soon as this is lifted, I want to see my friends again and go out to eat!!!

Simone: I'm going to campus Starbucks when we get back. I miss sitting there and getting a frappuccino while doing my homework

Abby: I am going to meet up with my friends and have a picnic. We have already planned it out, just need to get through this so we can enjoy it.

How are you helping those around you?

All: We are just trying to stay home and not have to do this all over again!