3 Reasons My Mom is My Best Friend

3 Reasons My Mom is My Best Friend

An Icon

19
No Worries

My mom is my best friend, my biggest fan, my expert advice-giver, my shopping partner, my most recently called, my favorite comedian, my sounding board, my rock, and my hero. And, March 21st is her birthday :) Happy Birthday Mom!

1) My mom helps me reset my perspective.

My mom is always able to reset my perspective about things, and help me reconsider from a different angle. Whenever I find myself in a rough situation, I go to her for advice, and for a reassessment. She has this magic way of being able to step back from the situation and be reasonable about things no matter how personal or upsetting it might be, and that is something that I will always admire about her. She is one of the few people who can completely understand me, and is able to help me shift my perspective about schools things, social dilemmas, life dilemmas, and even minuscule problems.

2) She Always Knows Exactly What To Say.

My mom is a grammar enthusiast, and we are able to poke fun at poor grammar together. We both have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and tend to be unintentionally blunt about things. But, no matter what, my mom always finds the words to say. When I need to know how to get out of a tricky situation, she always comes up with creative ways that I couldn't imagine on my own.Whenever I have something going on in my life, she is always there with the rights words of advice that help me move forward and thrive. She is extremely diplomatic in all situations, and has an exquisite vocabulary.

3) She Understands Me So Much That I Think We Are Telepathic.

My mom understands me more than anyone, and that is a feeling better than anything else in the world. She knows that sometimes I need to be alone to reflect, she knows that I like my cake without icing, she knows that I don't like the feeling of denim, she knows that I am a homebody at heart, she knows that sometimes I require chocolate chip cookies for inspiration, she knows me so precisely that it's scary. My mom and I can finish each other's sentences, and think on the same wavelength most of the time. My mom knows my habits, necessities, true passions, phobias, and feelings at any given time. So, thank you to my mom who knows me better than I know myself.

My mom is a strong, and outspoken woman who I admire so very much. I am grateful everyday to have a woman like her to look up to, and I don't think that any other mom would've made the cut. My mom is an angel sent from heaven, and I am endlessly thankful for her. So, here's to the best gal on the planet, my mom.