3 Iconic Logos of Sports Brands That Actually Left Their Mark
Politics

35

Brand logos of the most successful companies specializing in sportswear and accessories stand out thanks to their exceptional brand value.

Brand logos of the most successful companies specializing in sportswear and accessories stand out thanks to their exceptional brand value. It takes tremendous effort and strategic thinking to come up with a logo that would embody the spirit of the brand and look organically on the company's products. In a fiercely competitive sports industry, here are the companies that have definitely got this right.

Nike

Nike's footwear and apparel are the number one choice for millions of people across the world. Not in the least so because of its legendary "Swoosh" logo. The company's founder Phil Knight hired a student designer Carolyn Davidson to craft him a logo for his meeting with potential Japanese customers.

This was a last minute's job for Davidson but it resulted in one of the most successful logos in the history of brand building. The "Swoosh" celebrates Nike, an ancient Greek goddess of victory and is hugely recognizable.

Adidas

Germany's most famous manufacturer of sportswear, Adidas has a long and prolific history of branding. For many years, the only logo associated with Adidas was the famous trefoil. Many questioned it: what was the meaning of logo Adidas? The three lines were undoubtedly the quintessence of the Adidas message to the world, symbolizing the diversity of its product line and the goals its products helped to achieve.

The first Adidas logo was invented by the company's founder, Adi Dassler, and it was used for the first time in 1949. The company tweaked its logo in 1994 and 2001 and now uses three variants of its main brand logo.

Reebok

Founded in 1895 in Great Britain by Joseph Foster, Reebok is now owned by Adidas. Reebok's official logo has always featured its name in the characteristic font and the national flag of Great Britain.

In 1993, national symbols were banned for use in advertising purposes. After numerous discussions and experimenting, the company came up with a new logo in the form of a vector, which was replaced by the red "Delta" logo in 2014.