During the summer you hear a lot about people going out of state to look for some summer fun. Why does no one ever mention the great things Nebraska has to offer. Here is a few of the great number of things to do this summer in Nebraska.
1. Grab an ice cream from eCreamery that Warren Buffett and Paul McCartney approves.
2. Go out to see a movie in a drive-in theatre.
3. Go catch a game at the College World Series.
4. Catch a glimpse of the elephants at the Henry Doorly Zoo.
5. Begin your day right with the Farmers Market.
6. Go to a local concert at The Waiting Room, Slowdown, Sumter Amphitheater, and Reverb Lounge.
7. Run the Color Run 5k.
8. Take a selfie with chimney rock.
9. Check out the Nebraska Folk & Roots Festival
10. Explore the great restaurants in the Benson Area.
12. If you are looking for three days full of food, music and great time go to Hullabaloo 2016 .
13. Did someone say Maha Music Festival ?
14. Catch an independent film at Films Streams.
15. Go for a walk in Fotental Forest.
16. Go vintage shopping at Scout Dry Goods & Try or Flying Worm Vintage.
17. Take that bike from out of the garage and go for a ride at local trails.
18. Take a break from the summer heat and go visit the Joceyln Art Museum & Durham Museum.
19. Take a walk down the Heartland of America Park.
20. If music is your thing check out the Next Generation Festival.
21. Visit the Lauritzen Gardens.
22. Take a long walk down the Gene Leahy Mall and relive your childhood on the Gene Leahy Mall slides.
23. Enjoy a great day at the Zorinsky Lake.
24. If you are looking for a swim check out the Mahoney Water Park.
25. Have you visited the Joslyn Castle?