I'm surprised at myself for not making this list sooner, but I keep finding so many new songs that I figured it would be worth the wait. Some of these songs will be iconic classics while others may have you finding a new tune to fill your eardrums.
1. Q.U.E.E.N. by Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu
2. I'm Not Your Toy by La Roux
3. 6 Inch by Beyoncé
I really tried to limit myself to only one Beyoncé song for this list, but that is so hard because she is the undisputed queen of female empowerment. Everybody knows If I Were a Boy and Who Run the World (girls), and Flawless so I decided to include an underrated song from Lemonade.
4. Doubt by Mary J. Bilge
5. New Rules by Dua Lipa
6. All Men Are Pigs by Studio Killers
7. Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child
8. Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko
9. U.N.I.T.Y. by Queen Latifah
10. Free Your Mind by En Vogue
11. Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams by Camp Cope
12. Woman by Kesha
13. Hot Topic by Le Tigre
14. Excuse Me by BESTie
15. Proud by Tegan and Sara
16. Fxxk Boyz Get Money by FEMM
17. Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj
18. Salute by Little Mix
19. Slut Like You by P!nk
20. Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson
21. No Scrubs by TLC
I mean, come on. How could I not have added this?