25 Simple Ways to Show Someone You Care

25 Simple Ways to Show Someone You Care

It only takes a minute, but it makes a world of difference.

1715
25 Simple Ways to Show Someone You Care
http://www.siamdevelopment.com/

In the world we live in, genuine kindness is scarce. Sometimes, even when we have good intentions, we fall short. Mankind is famous for hurting one another, for tearing each other down, and for being ruthless in achieving selfish desires and stomping on others in the process. Because of this, it’s important to take a step back and re-evaluate how well we are caring for people, and not just the important people in our lives, but people we barely know as well. Below are listed 25 simple ways to show another person you care, whether they be a close friend, a complete stranger, or anyone in the middle.

1. Write someone a hand written-note just to say hello and that you’re thinking of them.
  2. Pay for the coffee/meal of the person behind you in a drive-through.
  3. Bring a baked good to someone down the hall from you that you don’t know well.
  4. Say hello or good morning to a stranger that you pass on the street.
  5. Start every meeting/greeting with a smile.
  6. Always, always always say please and thank you. It’s simple, but it goes a long way.
  7. Hold the door for someone.
  8. Keeping an open mind is always a good thing- don’t judge someone before you know them or their story.
  9. Take the time to sit down with someone and really listen to them.
  10. Try to genuinely compliment one person each day.
  11. Offer to help a person in need, whether it be someone elderly, or just someone with their hands full.
  12. Go visit someone you haven’t seen a while and take the time to catch up.
  13. Post positive and encouraging notes for your roommates or friends. A simple pick me up can go a long way.
  14. Tell someone how they’ve made a difference in your- this is guaranteed to make someone’s day.
  15. Give someone a hug. Hugs are an absolute day-maker.
  16. Pass along a book you enjoyed to someone else you think would like it.
  17. Bring someone a meal just because.
  18. Be honest. This may not seem like it shows you care, but we need to be honest with the people in our lives, it cultivates trust. We trust the people we care about.
  19. Tell someone in your life how much you appreciate them. It’s a good reminder.
  20. Celebrate the successes of your friends and family as if they were your own.
  21. When someone asks you to do them a favor, say yes.
  22. Volunteer in your community often.
  23. Offer someone a ride.
  24. Help someone who is struggling.
  25. Be kind to yourself- you need it just as much as everyone else does.