25 Names For Santa Claus In 25 Countries

Because other countries have unique names for him too.

61

Pop quiz time! How many names of Santa Claus do you know? At minimum, you've probably heard of Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, and Kris Kringle, right? Those are all names for Santa Claus, but there are even more variations of his name that you may not know about. And they aren't all in English, either.

With Christmas time being here, why not be exposed to some Christmas trivia and fun facts? Name variations for Santa Claus aren't always talked about, but they need to be talked about. Here are 25 different names for Santa Claus in 25 different countries. Perhaps you'll be better prepared for a quiz about Santa's name variations, since you'll know something they don't know!

Agios Vasilios (Greece)

Flag of Greece - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Jólasveinar (Iceland)

Flag of Iceland - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Joulupukki (Finland)

Flag of Finland - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Kanakaloka (Hawaii, USA)

Flag of Hawaii - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Hoteiosho (Japan)

File:Flag of Japan.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Dun Che Lao Ren (China)

File:Flag of the People's Republic of China.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Papai Noel (Brazil)

File:Flag of Brazil (1889–1960).svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Viejo Pascuero (Chile)

Flag of Chile - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Vader Kersfees (South Africa)

Flag of South Africa - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Babbo Natale (Italy)

File:Flag of Italy.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Weihnactsmann (Germany)

File:Flag of Germany.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Ded Moroz (Russia)

File:Russia Flag.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Pai Natal (Portugal)

File:Flag of Portugal.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Dyado Koleda (Bulgaria)

Flag of Bulgaria - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Ông già Noel (Vietnam)

File:Flag of Vietnam.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Święty Mikołaj (Poland)

Poland Flag National - Free vector graphic on Pixabay pixabay.com

Sinterklaas (The Netherlands)

File:Netherlands Flag.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Mikulás (Hungary)

50+ Free Hungary Flag & Hungary Images - Pixabay pixabay.com

Père Noël (France)

File:Flag of France.png - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Dadabe Noely (Madagascar)

File:Flag of Madagascar.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Kalėdų Senelis (Lithuania)

Flag of Lithuania - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Jultomten (Sweden)

File:Flag of Sweden.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Julemanden (Denmark)

Flag of Denmark - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org

Noel Baba (Turkey)

File:Flag of Turkey (alternate).svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org

Naththal Seeya (Sri Lanka)

File:Flag of Sri Lanka.svg - Wikimedia Commons commons.wikimedia.org