25 Moments Hogwarts Was Actually The University Of Oklahoma

School of National Merit Scholars and Athletes.

130

With the recent passing of Alan Rickman, I, like most, watched every single Harry Potter film and relived my childhood dream of a Hogwarts acceptance letter and a lightning bolt scar. But then I realized, my own version of Hogwarts can be found right here in Norman, Oklahoma. The University of Oklahoma is more than just a college. It's home to the greatest family I have ever been a part of. So here's to you, Sooner family and of our campus beautiful by day and night. Live on University!

1. When you finally receive your OU acceptance letter

2. When OU move-in finally arrives

3. When you finish your first week of classes and realize how hard college actually is

4. When you finally get to attend your first OU game as a student

5. When someone tries to tell you OSU is better

6. When your professor realizes you weren't paying attention and humiliates you

7. When you tell your friends you can't go out tonight because of homework

8. When you realize you've over-committed. Again.

9. When you try to ask your professor if class could end just ten minutes early today

10. When it's Texas Hate Week

11. When DBo brings up the number of National Merits Scholars again

12. When the professor cancels your 8 am class

13. Dead Week

14. When your mom makes Christmas gifts for you and all of your roommates

15. When you dread going home for winter break because you know the subject of your grades will come up at some point

16. When your parents tell you Whataburger at 3 am isn't really acceptable

17. When the professor asks you to summarize last night's homework...that you forgot to do

18. When seeing someone in orange is unreasonable

19. Asking freshman to swipe you into the cafeteria for unlimited Chick-fil-A

20. Spring Break

21. When you know the OU Chant by heart

22. When the Great Reading Room is almost an exact replica of the Great Hall

23. Finding friends that will last a lifetime

24. When your hardest professor is actually your biggest supporter

25. When graduating is the most bittersweet moment because it means leaving the best place on earth