25 Life Lessons "Friends" Taught Me

25 Life Lessons "Friends" Taught Me

Your friends will always be there for you.
610

It can be argued that "Friends" was one of the best sitcoms of the 90’s. The show never failed to make audiences laugh or cry. Whether it was from watching Monica and Chandler fall in love, following the on-again off-again relationship of Rachel and Ross or watching the crazy shenanigans that Joey and Phoebe were involved in, audiences fell in love with the show. "Friends" not only captivated audiences’ hearts, but it also taught viewers how to navigate their own crazy lives. After watching all 10 seasons plus hundreds of reruns (thanks, syndication), I have learned some very important life lessons. So, here’s a list of what I’ve learned:

1. It's never too late in life to try new things.

2. Your first job won't be your dream job.

3. Only your best friends will support all of your ideas, decisions and dreams, even the dumb ones.

4. Communication and honesty are incredibly important for any relationship or friendship.

5. You don't always need a "plan."

6. You'll always have at least one friend whose job you'll never fully understand.

7. Happiness is a choice.

8. There are two types of people in the world: Those who think Ross and Rachel were on a break, and those who don't.

9. Your life will change, and that's okay.

10. Always take advantage of free food.

11. It's totally normal to make a joke when you find yourself in an awkward situation.

12. How to flip someone off without actually giving them the finger.

13. "How you doin'?" will always be the best pick-up line.

14. Rejection is just a part of life.

15. Lobsters fall in love and mate for life.

16. Drinking mimosas are always acceptable - especially when it means there's less alcohol for children to drink.

17. Your friends will date people that you can't stand, but you still need to support them.

18. Life is what you make it.

19. Never get a spray tan. You could turn out like this:

20. Sometimes you just need to take a break and relax.

21. Love your body.

22. Work can be hard sometimes.

23. "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Fire" is the only way to make an important decision.

24. Grammar is important. Learn it. Please.

25. "Boyfriends and girlfriends come and go, but friends are for life." - Phoebe Buffay

Just like on "Friends," your friends will stick by your side as you navigate the real world. Your friends will always be there for you, so make sure you keep them close.