24 Reasons 'Outlander' Outrightly Slays

24 Reasons 'Outlander' Outrightly Slays

I will never be able to repay Diana Gabaldon for this gift.

63
24 Reasons 'Outlander' Outrightly Slays

It's undeniable: we live in the age of television. Hundreds of shows air every week, but how are we to choose which deserves our precious time? Well look no further, have I got a show for you. Here are 24 reasons you should make time for "Outlander":

1. The plot is original, thought provoking, incredibly captivating and full of action.

2. There's also a smidge of jaw dropping time travel.

3. Taking us back to the 1940s, 1960s but primarily to the mid 1700s, the story is rooted in the true historical events of the Jacobite Rebellion.

History is fun - yay!

5. Apparently, 'twas a positively delightful time to be alive.

One that makes you truly appreciate the things we take for granted today. i.e. electricity, plumbing, heat, water, cars, and pretty much every other thing we rely on daily.

6. And how about freedom? "Outlander" vividly takes us back to a time where freedom was but a dream and reality was controlled by royalty.

7. The show closely follows the best selling books written by Diana Gabaldon.

8. Diana's series includes eight hefty books, each containing 500 plus pages.

Once you've finish watching the first two seasons, there's plenty more outstanding content for you to revel in until the next season airs.

9. It portrays one of the world's greatest love stories.

10. But, it's NOT a chick flick series.

We repeat, NOT some sissy, lovey-dovey show.

11. It's a tale that showcases the horror of war...

12. Steadfast friendship...

13. Honorable patriotism...

14. A super wicked, insane, twisted villain...

15. And much more.

16. Claire Fraser, played by Caitriona Balfe is a powerful, brave, badass female lead.

She was a nurse during WWII and a talented healer once transported back in time. Claire's witty, smart, passionate and you can't help but root for her.

17. Jamie Fraser.

Played by Scotland's own Sam Heughan. Let's just say it's not terrible watching him defend Claire, his country and having relentless strength, both mind and body.

18. The cinematography is absolutely breathtaking for a few reasons:

19. First off, seasons one and two largely take place and were filmed in the unbelievably beautiful Scotland.

No CGI needed here.

20. Secondly, when they weren't galloping on horses through the green countryside, the characters were filmed inside wonderfully intricate sets meant to closely resemble the lavish Paris in the 16th century.

21. Third, the show exercises creative freedoms in filming techniques, allowing for a more theatrical and intense expression of character's feelings and overall story.

22. Between all the killing, emotional revelations, and politics, the show manages to sneak in humor in the best ways.

23. The costumes department is 100 percent lit.

The detail and historical authenticity is utterly fantastic.

Each piece is incredibly complex and diverse depending on location, class and occasion.

Round of applause for these creative people! The costumes are a crucial part of the series and add to show's immersive nature.

24. In summary, "Outlander" makes all other shows seem trivial.

Well, don't get upset!

If by now, you are not completely sold on the show:

And frankly:

So what are you waiting for! The captivating world built by Diana Gabaldon is waiting for you.

Pro tip: Starz has a 7-day free trial - sign up and get you binge watching on, even if it means endless hours of TV.

"Outlander" is a very good reason, indeed.