When I turned 18, I moved into my first apartment. My parents dropped the boxes off and we said our goodbyes. I was excited for the freedom and independence that came with it. However, as time progressed on, it wasn’t always smooth sailing. My appliances broke, occasionally I became sick, my car broke down and life just happened. It forced me to ask my parents those "adulthood" type of questions. I'm not sure what I would have done without my parents. Here are some familiar one-liners we still ask them:
1. What do I take for this? How much?
2. How long do I cook this for?
3. When does this go bad?
4. How I do “unthaw” this chicken?
5. What should I use to get this stain out?
6. What is a routing number?
7. Is there a difference in motor oil?
8. I think I blew the fuse. Why are there so many switches on this board?
9. What type of batteries do I use?
10. How do I write out a check? Who even writes out checks anymore?
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F21%2F636073364448334419169160845_Q10.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=864&h=3f30d8e331f639e9a29d041ab70a459bea63e7e707bac93c37fbc8e7486c273e&size=980x&c=2738005529 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F08%252F21%252F636073364448334419169160845_Q10.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D864%26h%3D3f30d8e331f639e9a29d041ab70a459bea63e7e707bac93c37fbc8e7486c273e%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2738005529%22%7D" expand=1]
11. How do I switch my cable bill to my name?
12. Can you book me an appointment... please?
13. What cleaning product should I use?
14. What settings do I use on the washer? What temperature do I set it at?
15. What is a FASFA pin? Do you have one? Do I have one?
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F21%2F6360733731506129111191068886_QNUMBA.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=175&h=80d48945571ef1e431a7c1020f48aa35dfdd2c17af8b53ff0d5d747356001918&size=980x&c=1747442755 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F08%252F21%252F6360733731506129111191068886_QNUMBA.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D175%26h%3D80d48945571ef1e431a7c1020f48aa35dfdd2c17af8b53ff0d5d747356001918%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1747442755%22%7D" expand=1]
16. Do we have Triple A? How do I break into my car?
17. How do you clean stainless steel?
18. Why is my car making a weird noise?
19. Is there a difference between single one and single zero? Can you file my taxes for me?
20. Do you have card at the grocery store? They have a point system?
21. What type of screw driver do I need?
22. How do I apply for a loan?
23. Can you make me dinner?
24. What would I do without you?