23 Things I've Learned In 23 Years

Twenty-three isn't that old, I know. But I believed I've learned a lot since I was a teenager, and it's made me grow as a person.

Being happy is completely your choice

Whatever life throws at you, it's your choice to decide how to deal with it. No one is going to make you feel happy like yourself.

Don't give up no matter what

You're not going to achieve anything if you don't give it 100%.

It's okay to change your mind

If giving it your 100% doesn't feel right, it's okay to switch things up to find what fits you the most.

Be kind

Be kind to everyone you meet. You never know what people are going through and kindness can go a long way.

Regrets are normal

Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others, and those regrets can live with us forever. But instead of dwelling on what went wrong, try to figure out how to make things right.

Confidence is key

Sometimes it can be hard to be confident, but once you get comfortable with yourself, you'll feel so much better. There's only one of you, and that's what makes you special. (I'm still trying to master this one).

Appreciate the hard times

Yes, they're the worst, but they'll teach you things the good times never will.

Have fun

I've noticed how fast time really does go by. So have fun, do things that bring you joy, and make hundreds of memories while you're doing it.

Stop wanting other's approval 

Stop trying to do things to please others, who cares what they think. Do you and have while doing it.

Expectations lead to disappointment 

It's okay to get excited about things, but don't set your expectations high unless it's a sure thing.

Be yourself

Embrace yourself, be weird, because no one is like you.

Appreciate what you have

Appreciate what you have because you never know when you won't have it anymore.

Take care of yourself 

No one is going to take care of you like you, take time to practice some self care, do some shopping, and enjoy some alone time.

Pay attention to your feelings

Pay attention to how certain things affect how you feel, but don't act on those feelings, take time to think it through.

Speak up 

Don't hold your tongue, speak up when something bother you.

Take risks

It may be scary, but that risk could possibly change your life.

It's okay to feel down 

Sadness is normal, depression is also normal. Take time for self care, figure out what's bothering you, and kick it's butt.

Care for others, but care about you more

It's not selfish, it's being smart. In the long run, everyone is going to do what's better for them, and you should too.

Dance more

Even if you're not good at it, dance and sing. Do it in your room when you're alone or go out and do it, just enjoy yourself.

Get out

Get out and experience new things. You don't know what's right down the corner unless you get out and look.

Don't settle

You're worth more than you think, don't settle on what you think you deserve.

Read more

Put down the phone and pick up a book, you'll enjoy it more than you think.

Listen

Take time to listen to others, you'll be amazed at what they have to say.