22 Reasons Beer Is Better Than Wine

22 Reasons Beer Is Better Than Wine

Sadly, not all things taste like Guinness

346
22 Reasons Beer Is Better Than Wine

Ireland is blessed with some of the best beers in Europe, and I'm blessed to be drinking them all one pint at a time. With an Irish father and an Italian mother, alcohol is always a yes! Don't get me wrong -- I love to have a nice bottle of wine every now and then, but if you ask me what I want to drink, my answer 10 out of 10 times will be beer!

In case you need some reassurance of why beer will always be better than wine, here are 22 reasons.

1. It's delicious.

2. No one craves a glass of wine on a hot summer day.

3. Beer goes perfectly with hot dogs.

4. Budweiser beer commercials that move you to tears -- enough said.

5. Beer comes in all shape and sizes: kegs, pints, bottles. We love them all.

6. All drinking games include beer -- it's pretty much a law.

7. Seriously, no one wants to funnel some Moscato.

8. There is an art to pouring the perfect pint, just ask Guinness.

9. Oktoberfest.

10. Keg stands are better thsan slap the bag.

11. Beer hangovers are rare while wine hangovers ruin your whole day.

12. Beer is, 99 percent of the time, cheaper than wine.

13. Don't have a bottle opener?

It's all good -- use a lighter or edge of a table. Beer can be opened with anything and everything -- including another beer.

14. You never see TV characters hang out at their local winery.

Pubs are where it's at.

15. IPAs, lagers, porters, strong ales, stouts.

One of each, please and thank you.

16. Beer and bonfires.

17. All the country songs are about beer for a reason.

18. Did I mention how delicious it is?

19. Ben and Jerry's partnered with New Belgium Beer and made Ice Cream and Beer.

Where's your wine flavor boys?

20. Beer Gardens -- the ultimate drinking hangout.

21. Beer names are original and hilarious.

Galway Hooker, Cute Hoor, Hoptimus Prime, Pure Hoppiness. Take that Cabernet and Merlot.

22. Beyoncé drinks beer.

Now, grab yourself a pint and marvel at all its glory. Sláinte!