21 Wonder Quotes That Will Teach You New Things About Life

“ I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives”
80

Wonder is one of the most eye- opening books and movies. It opens our eyes up to the fact that life isn’t always easy for everyone. We are all fighting battles of our own. Some battles are more or obvious than others, but we are all fighting them. Wonder can teach us a lot about life, Things that we should think about and consider on a daily basis.

Being a special education teacher myself, I see these battles daily and love when the children over come these battles. Some of these quotes are things that my children do or think about every day. They always treat everyone equally. They don’t care what you look like, how you dress or what your name is. Auggie is just like any of my students. He gets hurt when things happen to him, but if you’re his friend he will be the most loyal friend you will ever have. Auggie taught us a lot about life and here are some quotes to motivate you about life and doing better.

1. “When given the choice between being right and being kind, choose kind.”

2. “ I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives”

3. “ Kinder than is necessary. Because it’s not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed.”

4. “ If every person in this room made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act little kinder than is necessary- the would really would be a better place. And if you do this, if you act just a little kinder than is necessary, someone else, somewhere, someday, may recognize in you, in every single one of you, the face of god.”

5. “Now that I look back, I don’t know why I was so stressed about it all the time. Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing.”

6. “ The best way to measure how much you’ve grown isn’t by inches or the number of laps you can run now around the rack, or even your grade point average – though those things are important, to be sure. It’s what you’ve done with your time, how you’ve chosen to spend you days, and whom you’ve touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success.”

7. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human being, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”

8. “ The things we do outlast our mortality. The things we do are like monuments that people build to honor heroes after they’ve died. They’re like the pyramids that the Egyptians build to honor the pharaohs. Only instead of being made of stone, they’re made out of the memories people have for you.”

9. “It’s not enough to be friendly. You have to be a friend.”

10. “Sometimes you don’t have to be mean to hurt someone.”

11. “I wish every day could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks.”

12. “Here’s what I think: the only reason I’m not ordinary is that no one else sees me that way.”

13. “ It’s like people you see sometimes, and you can’t imagine what it would be like to be that person, whether it’s somebody in a wheelchair or somebody who can’t talk. Only, I know that I’m that person to other people, maybe to every dingle person in that whole auditorium. To me, tough, I’m just me. An ordinary kid.”

14. “We carry with us, as human beings, not just the capacity to be kind, but the very choice of kindness.”

15. “Learning who you are is what you’re here to do.”

16. “Don’t try too hard to be cool. It always shows, and that’s uncool.”

17. “ Some things you just can’t explain. You don’t even try. You don’t know where to start. All your sentence would jumble up like a giant knot if you opened you mouth. Any words you used would

come out wrong.”

18. “Her smile hugged me.”

19. “It not a contest about whose days suck the most. The point is we all have to put up with the bad days.”

20. “I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things, I forgot that I might need to find out what life could bring.”

21. “You don’t need you eyes to love, right? You just feel it inside you. That’s how it is in heaven. It’s just love, and no one forgets who they love.”

Don’t just read these an continue living the way you’ve been living.. make a change. These quotes are made to inspire and move us. Be extra kind to someone today. Smile at someone who looks sad, hold the door those extra 3 seconds for someone that has their hands full. Kindness can come in many shapes and acts. If you start being more kind to others, the world will become an even kinder place.

If you haven’t read or see the movie Wonder, check it out! It will be well worth your time.

Auggie said it all when he said “We are all wonders.”