Our pets bring us joy, laughter and happiness. One of the most loyal pets a person can have is a dog. (Wo)man's best friend never disappoints us or lets us down. Dogs provide us with unconditional love. There are many things that these creatures do to show they care that might go unnoticed. When we do see what they do, we realize how lucky we are to have them.
1. Keeping our beds warm.
It's nice crawling into sheets that aren't cold.
2. Finishing the last bite when we're too full.
Someone's gotta do it.
3. Always getting excited to see us.
The pure, unadulterated joy.
4. Taking charge when we leave the house.
Who else is gonna make sure no one breaks in?
5. Knowing when something's wrong.
They can sense when we're upset.
6. Never judging us.
We don't think they're weird for smelling butts; they don't think we're weird for not wearing pants sometimes.
7. Making Halloween so much more fun.
If only human costumes were this great.
8. Giving us something to brag about.
Oh your dog sits on command? My dog has his own Facebook page.
9. Allowing us to use them as an excuse.
You want me to come over later? Sorry, I can't. My dog's waiting for me.
10. Being a great listener.
They never interrupt.
11. Forgiving us.
I'm sorry that I've been away at college for three months, I hope you still love me. [Infinite doge kisses.]
12. Taking up half of our camera roll.
Half of my storage is used on pictures of my dogs.
13. Helping us.
They're always there to lend a paw when we need them.
14. Making us laugh.
Dogs are kinda weird, if you think about it.
15. When they're the best travel companion.
Nothing better than an adventure with your best friend.
16. Their protection.
They stand guard even when we don't realize it.
17. They remind us to enjoy the little things.
Their innocence and curiosity never ceases to amaze us.
18. And that sometimes it's OK to take the easy way.
We all deserve a break.
19. Inspiring us.
We can overcome anything that we set our minds to.
20. Giving us a reason to smile.
Dogs are goofy.
21. Providing us with a lifelong best friend.
We'll always have each other.
Let's remember to thank them for all that they do for us.