21 Self-Care Activities

21 Self-Care Activities

Why 21? Because it's the age when you are an adult at the fullest.

179
21 Self-Care Activities
Gavin Glen Johnson

We have many activities to try out for ourselves to escape daily stress, boredom, and social media frenzies. Some of them just takes a little instruction and motivation into how do they fit in our living routine:

1. Read a self-care book.

It does put the mind at ease when the author's name on the cover includes their credentials (MD, PhD, etc.).

2. Smile at yourself in the mirror.

Selfies can be egocentric and overrated at times, so you smile at the mirror for you and your confidence in the morning.

3. Listen to a guided meditation.

It takes deep breathing at some relaxing levels.

4. Take a 15-25 minute nap.

You take that much time of lying in bed to stay alert within the first stage of sleep.

5. Get some fresh air.

Whether you smoke or not, you could always step outside for a few deep breaths of fresh air. Slowly, I inhale for 10 seconds and exhale for 5 seconds at a time.

6. Leave yourself a love note.

Let's all about counting your blessings and past achieved goals you tell yourself.

7. Listen to music.

Your playlists and streaming platforms will all revolve around you, your emotions, and your productivity.

8. Go for a brisk walk.

You could be hyped up with iced tea all you want, you take a fast walk with your head held high and elbows bent to keep you steady.

9. Give yourself a pedicure.

Plus, it gives you a good stretch when you use both hands. If not, give yourself a manicure instead.

10. Free write in a journal.

Journaling could be rough drafts of your love notes or nostalgic memories to revisit your old self.

11. Doodle.

For instance, I chose colored pencils. I pick a photo I haven't shared on Instagram yet and draw out the subject of that photo out of inspiration.

12. Bake yourself some cookies.

Even as a desert, baking and cooking give you full control of your health.

13. Color in a coloring book.

If you want to put it into a metaphorical sense, you fill in the colors of the world around you.

14. Set a boundary on yourself.

Just say "no" if you feel "too busy" or need a mental health day.

15. Try out a new coffee/tea shop near you.

You could visit a particular coffee shop you haven't visited in a while.

16. Write down some things you've learned about yourself in the last year.

You could recommend this to any struggling college student to reflect back favorite or uninterested courses they've learned.

17. Create a self-love box/jar.

See #6, repeat, and you will have a collection of love notes stored away in your craft.

18. Paint your emotions on canvas.

Those colors of your emotions may also apply to your coloring book. If there's one thing I've learned from visual artists, they paint abstract designs usually as a background of their canvas.

19. Re-arrange a room in your home.

You declutter as an award of space and order.

20. Eat some fruit and vegetables.

Studies have shown that apples and dark leafy greens (spinach, broccoli) treat depression and anxiety.

21. Watch a sunset or a sunrise.

It can remind you that each day's light goes around and comes around.