21 Foods To Eat After Wisdom Tooth Removal

Finding ways to eat after oral surgery can be a pain.

6035
daylol.com

Getting your wisdom tooth/teeth taken out is something that most young adults are forced to experience. After being doped up, cut open, and sewed back up, you are left to fend for yourself. Finding ways to eat after oral surgery can be a pain. Here is 21 foods that you can eat after having a tooth extraction:

1. Jell-O

You may feel like a kid again, but Jell-O is the perfect treat after any oral surgery!

2. Ice Cream

Take this as an excuse to eat as much of your favorite ice cream as you can. Just make sure to avoid anything you have to chew on, such as chocolate chunks, nuts, etc.

3. Banana

Mash your banana if needed.

4. Naked Drinks

These things are a life saver, and a great way to ensure you're getting healthy amounts of protein, vitamins, fruits, and vegetables while you're on a soft food diet!

5. Apple Sauce

Add some cinnamon, and go to town on some apple sauce.

6. Scrambled Eggs

Scramble the eggs as finely as you can, and enjoy!

7. Broth

This may be boring, but its an easy way to make yourself feel like you are getting some warm food and flavor while you are healing!

8. Mashed Potatoes

This is probably a given, but I couldn't resist putting it on the list. Who doesn't love mashed taters and gravy?

9. Macaroni and Cheese

This yummy savory treat is easy to swallow and requires very little chewing!

10. Avacado

Who needs an excuse to eat an avocado? Not me!

11. Smoothies

Just make sure you are staying away from any fruits that will leave seeds, or anything that can get stuck in your gums.

12. Yogurt

Again, just make sure to avoid anything with seeds!

13. Diced Peaches

They're very soft, and pretty much can be swallowed whole. Buy them pre-diced, or do it yourself. You can cut them into smaller pieces if needed.

14. Diced Pears

The same goes for pears! Again, you can cut them into smaller pieces if needed.

15. Baby Food

This may seem a little gross, but I promise they are not all totally gross. Buy some at the store, or puree your own fruits and veggies at home.

16. Mousse

Traditional chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, key lime -- the list goes on and on. Have any flavor you'd like! The world is your oyster.

17. Cottage Cheese

You can even add some honey if you'd like!

18. Pudding

This is my personal favorite of Jell-O's pre-packaged cups. It's not technically Jell-O but tastes just like cheesecake, without the crumbly crust -- perfect for a desert after oral surgery! Of course, the traditional pudding flavors of chocolate, vanilla, banana, etc. are all OK too!

19. Milkshakes

Just please do not use straws! Your doctor will warn you of this, but please listen. Eat your milkshake with a spoon -- it tastes just as good!

20. Cream Of Wheat

A deliciously smooth meal.

21. Pastina

Throw this in your favorite both! These babies are the perfect way to add some substance to your diet while you're healing. They are so tiny, they can even be swallowed whole