21 Bible Verses To Get You Through The Semester

Stay steadfast in your faith and God will provide.
152

As we begin each new semester, we have the constant worry about what the coming months will bring. We enter into the cycle of excitement about being back at school, setting goals for the semester and then being instilled with constant panic about how we are going to be able to juggle all of the work.

As a big test gets closer, we second-guess what we have been learning throughout the semester. If we have four papers due the same day, our anxiety skyrockets as we pull a couple all-nighters.

All of that is normal, but in our times of stress and our times of dismay, we need to fix our eyes on the man upstairs. It’s so easy to lose sight of God when it seems like you have no time to finish everything assigned, but the truth is that God has His hand on us the entire way. In the time of stress and in the time of chaos, He is begging us to look to Him because He knows He can give us peace. Although it may seem like the world is ending because you have a lot going on, it’s not. God has a perfect plan for you and will not lead you astray, but it’s your job to calm yourself in those moments and trust in Him. Here are some verses that can help during those times.

1.) Philippians 4:19

“I pray that God will take care of all your needs with the wonderful blessings that come from Christ Jesus.”

2.) 1 Corinthians 10:13

“You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted. But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted beyond your ability and he will show you how to escape from your temptations.”

3.) Psalm 34:19

“The Lord’s people may suffer a lot, but He will always bring them safely through.”

4.) Exodus 14:13-14

Moses said to the people, “Don’t be afraid! Be brave, and you will see the Lord will save you today. The Lord will fight for you, and you won’t have to do a thing.”

5.) Job 2:10

“Don’t talk like a fool! If we accept blessings from God, we must accept trouble as well.”

6.) Job 4:2-6

“Please be patient and listen to what I have to say. Remember how your words have guided and encouraged many in need. But now you feel discouraged when struck by trouble. You respect God and live right, so don’t lose hope!”

7.) Isaiah 41:9-10

“From far across the earth I brought you here and said, you are my chosen servant. I haven’t forgotten you. Don’t be afraid I am with you. Do not tremble in fear, I am your God. I will make you strong, as I protect you with my arm and give you victories.”

8.) Romans 5:3-5

"But that’s not all! We gladly suffer because we know that suffering helps us to endure. And endurance builds character, which gives us hope that will never disappoint us. All of this happens because God has given us the Holy Spirit, who fills our hearts with his love.”

9.) 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

“We often suffer, but are never crushed. Even when we don’t know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again.”

10.) Isaiah 41:13

“I am the Lord your God. I am holding you hand, so don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.”

11.) Philippians 4:6

“Do not worry about anything, instead pray about everything. “

12.) 1 John 4:15

“Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God."

13.) 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

“These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That’s why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen.”

14.) Romans 8:18

“I consider that our present sufferings do not compare to the glory God will reveal within us.”

15.) John 13:7

“You don’t really know what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

16.) John 14:27

“I give you peace, the kind of peace only I can give. It isn’t like the peace that this world can give. So do not be worried or afraid.”

17.) Matthew 6:34

“Don’t worry about tomorrow. For tomorrow will take care of itself. You have enough to worry about today.”

18.) Joshua 1:9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

19.) Matthew 11:28

"If you are tired of carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.”

20.) Isaiah 48:17

“I am the holy Lord God, the one who rescues you. For your own good, I teach you and I lead you along the right path.”

21.) Philippians 4:13

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

As you enter into this new semester, I encourage you to seek God in both times of praise and in times of worry. Remember that God does not abandon, but we abandon Him. His plan is always perfect and He cares about us where we are. Even when life seems impossible, God is able to work miracles. Take the time to thank God for where He has placed you and trust in Him. May God be with you this semester.