These Are The Artists You Need To Keep Your Eyes On In 2023

i am nothing if not ahead of the curve

24
Hailey Hastings

Music is the thing that means the most to me, I wouldn’t get through day by day if I didn’t have artists like the ones I am about to praise in this piece, putting words to emotions I never would be able to. Some of these artists are new and some of these artists are ones I've loved over the years, but I really feel like we're about to see them have the biggest year in their careers thus far.

Megan Moroney

Country music is something I've grown so attached to after really losing that attachment from my childhood. The storyteller element of country music is just captivating, and Megan Moroney has mastered that element. From ‘Hair Salon,’ to ‘Tennesee Orange,’ Megan is one of my favorite modern country acts, and I genuinely see her blowing up on the scene.

BIZZY

‘Anybody’ was one of my top songs in 2022, I simply couldn't turn it off. The relatability of BIZZY’s lyrics is what is going to draw people to her in the same way I have been. I am fully ready for an entire EP, she's just too good.

You can pre-save her next single here!

Knox

Knox took over my playlists with ‘Sneakers,’ and I knew the first time I heard the track that this was going to be an artist that was going to get people all over hooked. The pure perfect pop recipe in this song shows that Knox gets what it takes to make a hit.

Georgia Webster

Georgia Webster is exactly the young pop-country artist the industry is constantly looking for. Someone who can write songs that will appeal to the generation that is using social media to find a majority of their music, and I will say, I found Georgia on TikTok. ‘X’s’ immediately had me hooked, and I know we're about to see a monumental year for Georgia. My prediction is that we will see her as the opening act for a HUGE artist, come back to this when I’m right.

Emblem3

The boys are back! And they have pretty much mastered the art of marketing with the whole ‘boys are back’ situation. I have loved Emblem3 for years, and have been going to shows since they performed in front of a Macy’s in Federal Way in Washington State right after being eliminated from the Xfactor. I have always known these three were special, but 2023 is going to be the year that everyone else catches on. They are set to release ‘Songs From The Couch Vol. 2’ on February 8th, and I can hardly wait.

Pre-save here!

Maddie Zahm

Maddie Zahm is one of those artists that I know emotionally impacts anyone who hears her music, there is so much raw vulnerability, it's hard not to relate. I first came across a song of hers called ‘Family Reunion’ and it automatically felt like she had ripped a page out of my diary, and it's felt like that with every song since. ‘Fat Funny Friend’ exploded online and I really hope that whatever Maddie does next is met with that level of love and support.

Get tickets to see Maddie on tour here!

Clinton Kane

Clinton Kane has the voice of an actual angel, and with every song he releases, I feel like you just get more and more of an inside look at exactly what he's going through. That ability to let people in draws an audience closer to an artist, and that's clear when you look at the fan-to-audience relationship Clinton has already established.

Listen to ‘AVO TOAST’ here!

Sabrina Carpenter

Sabrina Carpenter is already huge, I know. She’s already THAT girl, but I truly think she will become a pillar of pop music. ‘Emails I Can’t Send’ is one of the best pop albums I've heard in recent years, Sabrina is a killer live performer, and she writes her material, she checks every box. ‘Nonsense’ may just be the best pop song of 2022, and I don't say that lightly. But I truly sing that track every day.

Get tickets to see Sabrina Carpenter live here!

Leanna Firestone

I found Leanna Firestone on TikTok early last year teasing her song, ‘You Just Didn’t Like Me That Much,’ and I was hooked from there on out. Her music feels like you're hearing about a friend's life through song, and that is a concept that I can't get enough of.

Pre-save Leanna’s upcoming EP here!

Lauren Spencer-Smith

I am not oblivious, I know Lauren Spencer-Smith had a huge year in 2022, but I feel like this year we are just going to see her dominate. Lauren sings from such an honest place, and that couldn't be more clear than in ‘Flowers,’ which is the song that broke me the most last year. I just want to see Lauren take her rightful place as a main pop girl.

Isabel Pless

Isabel Pless is an artist that I am convinced everyone would be in love with if they listened to even just one song. ‘22’ happens to be my favorite track, but her whole catalog is a masterclass in songwriting.

Daniel Seavey

Why Don’t We is a band that I have supported since literally the day Jonah (who I went to solo shows for before the band) announced its formation, so these five guys are incredibly important to me, and im always rooting for their success. It’s always important to support solo projects, but genuinely sometimes I just am not into them, however with Daniel Seavey, it's so clear that he was meant to be doing this. The music feels so true to him, and I know we're going to see nothing but huge things throughout this year with his tour and solo career.

Get tickets to see Daniel on the road here!

Katie Gregson-MacLeod

Anyone who can write a lyric as heartbreaking as “I need him like water, he lives on a landslide” is destined to be one of the pillar singer-songwriters of this time. Every time I hear ‘Complex’ I am further impacted, from Katie’s stunning voice to those lyrics, it's a standout track from the last several years for me.

Reneé Rapp

Reneé Rapp is easily one of the hottest upcoming artists, and 2023 going to be the year when we hear her name over and over again, and im here for it! Reneé is such a genuine talent, and seeing her blow up makes me unbelievably happy.

Lia Marie Johnson

Lia Marie Johnson is a name im sure a lot of you remember from Youtube or her song ‘DNA’, she's someone so many of us grew up with, and her comeback is something I couldn't be more in support of. ‘Smoking Gun’ is such an incredible song to reintroduce yourself with, and I hope this song finds it's audience and that everyone shows Lia all the love in the world.

f you haven't seen Lia’s recent video about her story and how the last few years of her life have played out, is highly recommend doing that, you can watch it here!

Trevi Moran

Trevi Moran is another artist that so many of us grew up with, from O2L to the early bangers like ‘Someone,’ and ‘Echo.’ Over the years we've seen Trevi truly come into herself, and this year we are getting something I've wanted for so long, which is ‘Echo’ (Trevi’s Version). This song will be on repeat for me until the end of time.

Taylor Bickett

I have been a champion for Taylor Bickett for so long, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Her music connects with me in such a special way, it's rare to see yourself so accurately represented in a song. But once I heard ‘Just My Type’ I knew Taylor understood all the unspoken emotions I had. With each release, she just continues to show how impressive her relationship with her pen is, and I don't see her slowing down anytime soon.

Madeline Merlo

Madeline Merlo is another artist I found off of TikTok, I am telling you, that’s 90% of this list. TikTok is a perfect platform for discovering talent. I've always been hooked on Madeline’s storytelling ability, and am so pumped to see her be able to put out her own music instead of solely writing for others. She's a star, and we're going to see a lot of her in 2023.

EMMY

EMMY is one of my favorite people on social media, from her videos just keeping up with her life to getting to see the raw talent she possesses when it comes to her vocal ability. ‘STUPID BIG TEETH’ was such an incredible pop endeavor, and we’re about to get ‘COOL GIRL,’ which I think is going to launch Emmy into a whole new realm.

Pre-save the track here!

Young Culture

I’m closing out this list with Young Culture, this group feels like they were plucked straight out of the 2000s pop-punk scene when you’d hear bands like Allister on every movie soundtrack. Early 2000s were my favorite music genre, so finding this band feels like the biggest blessing. ‘Tattoo’ is my standout track, but their entire discography is incredible.

Contact Me!

Twitter

Instagram

Email me for PR/Coverage: underpnkskiess@gmail.com