What's Holding You Back?

What's Holding You Back?

What did you do during the world wide time out?

8
What's Holding You Back?

During the global pandemic, numerous amounts of businesses, ideas and projects came to light. People's brains jumped into hyper focus and took this time to produce something amazing. My question is what is holding you back from your next million dollar idea? Why aren't you trading in Forex, what is keeping you from bringing those design ideas to light. I can truthfully say that the one thing that is holding me back is myself.

Going through social media and seeing people around succeed makes me feel as though I should be doing more in life. I should be investing in the stock market or creating my own clothing line or writing my book. My fear of failure and not achieving anything is something that keeps me from excelling. Even now, as I enter into my sophomore year of college, I'm apart of the honors college with a 4.0. I have been granted scholarships from my school (not enough to pay off my full room and board, but I'm still grateful) and I still feel like I don't have enough on my plate. I'm 19 years old and I feel like the best years of my life have already passed me.

2020 was supposed to be the year where I conquered my fears and did my best to succeed in whatever I did. It's now July and I have yet to even get over my fear of reaching out to my friends and speaking up to new people. But I don't want this year being "cancelled" to stop me anymore. I want to achieve my dreams of teaching and mentoring the next generation. I want to be fearless and learn to love myself. The world (mostly the United States) still being on a nation wide time out isn't going to stop me from being the best that I can be. This year will be the year that I conquer low self esteem and penury.

So I ask again, what is holding you back?