2020 Has Been A Ride

2020 Has Been A Ride

There is no doubt in my mind that 2020 has and will top the weirdest years I live through!

11
2020 Has Been A Ride
https://pixabay.com/photos/demonstration-show-me-5267931/

Well, well, well... 2020 is not the year we all thought it was going to be. If you asked us on January 1st, how we thought this year was going to go, we would have told you 2020 is going to be the best year yet. But boy oh boy were we completely WRONG! There has not been one good thing to 2020 yet and we are already into June. We have gone through a whole pandemic... Still are, and now we are going through riots.

First off, let's start by talking about the pandemic. NO ONE saw this coming, or if they did they didn't expect it to be this bad. We went from living completely normal lives, shopping, getting our nails done, hair appointments, etc, to being put on lockdown not being able to leave our houses unless we absolutely needed to. One of the worst parts about this entire thing is not being able to see family. Family, to me, is a huge part of my life. Not being able to see my nieces and nephews for three months was the worst part!

Second, shall we talk about the riots and the destroying of buildings and cities? Okay, you guys asked, so here we go. Cops "killing" George Flloyd was a very tragic thing. I get that but this is no way to handle it, burning down all the things you love? Does that sound logical or reasonable whatsoever? No, I didn't think so. Okay, now let me just say I get why they are actually doing it and I know it's not just because of his death, but because of equal rights. I know as a white female I have no room to talk about equal rights because most would say "you are privileged." I honestly don't see myself that way, my life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. I strongly believe that something needs to be done in this world, everyone needs to be treated as equal. Do I think riots are the way to go and be heard? Absolutely not! However, I do believe in peaceful protests to make a point. I am all for making things equal because I know different races get treated differently. I get it; I really do. I also want to make VERY clear that NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD! I am not saying that there aren't a handful of bad cops, but you can't sit here and put all cops together in one category.

They say history repeats itself... And we have officially gotten to that point. Personally I think this year needed to happen. Is it a good year? Absolutely not, but we all needed to take a step back and start to love ourselves again. We all have so much hate towards each other we needed this to figure out this thing we call life and learn to not take each day for granted because we never know when our last day will be.