An Analysis Of The 2018 Oscar Nominations

What we're thinking about this years best picture nominations

8
c1.staticflickr.com
Static Flickr

We are approaching Oscars season, and the nominations for each category were released this week. The much-awaited awards event that rewards the best films of the year is finally here, and soon we will witness our favorite actors and actresses accepting the prizes they so greatly deserve. Some amazing films were produced in 2018 and competition will be in full force this year. Here is the list of nominees for best picture:

"Black Panther"

"BlacKkKlansman"

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

"The Favourite"

"Green Book"

"Roma"

"A Star Is Born"

"Vice"

We have cried in "A Star is Born", sang in "Bohemian Rhapsody", and been brought back to our childhood with "Incredibles 2". I do personally feel that "Crazy Rich Asians" is missing from this exclusive list, as I found it to be one of the greatest masterpieces of 2018.

I was happy to see that "Black Panther" has been nominated for best picture because that film had a very prominent role in this past year, and should be recognized for its power. All of the movies that have made this list are deserving of their spot there, and I look forward to the upcoming show to view the results.