2019 Highlights

2019 Highlights

11 of my top memories from this past year

66
2019 Highlights
ally burnham photography

As 2019 has just come to a close I wanted to recap on some of my favorite moments over this past year. This is just a personal post to share and update everyone on whats going on in my life and the special people that have been involved and I couldn't be more thankful and excited for what God has in store for me 2020, lets get it!

As well these have no particular order, but it is fun to go back and look at all that has happened this year.

Traveling to Spain with my family

ally burnham photography

This past thanksgiving I have been very fortunate to travel to five different cities and two countries with my parents and brother. It was a trip of a life time and something that I will never forget; my family had so many amazing moments while traveling. I ate probably the best food of my life, most days were full of fresh squeezed juice, prosciutto sandwiches, chocolate, cheese, mushrooms, gelato, pastel de nata, & pizza. Besides eating we also had amazing days biking along the coast, shopping,looking at art museums, touring cities, & catching trains, taxis, undergrounds, & buses.

Maddie coming to California

ally burnham photography

I had the best time showing my bestie my home and we couldn't of had more fun shopping, tanning, eating, rafting, and biking around some of my favorite cities; Tahoe, Sacramento, & Auburn.

hair cuts for Jillian

ally burnham photography

This may seem like a silly thing that cutting my hair would be a highlight, but it has made me feel like a new person therefore, it is really meaningful to me. Honestly a few years ago I could of never imagined cutting my hair and would dread having to trim the dead ends, but it was a change that I was needed and seeking at that moment. as of now I haven't looked back. As well the hair that was donated for this event went to support making wigs for cancer survivors, which is amazing in itself. Jillian, the girl my sorority puts on this event had the same cancer that my grandma died from when I was just a baby so, that also encouraged me to make this change. As for my hair; I don't know what is really in store for it next.

sf trip with friends

ally burnham photography

Quite an interesting trip to SF when going with B, grace, sven, & Justin. This was one of my favorite memories because really so many weird and heart racing moments happened on this trip. So much fun, you had to be their for it but between the beach, the overpriced vegan taco restaurant where we shared a table with strangers, the bar we went to for sven to follow this girl, me having to pee in a sf alley, to almost getting lost, the crazy people in the park trying to sell us drugs, and to the homeless lady that threw a chain at our car while cursing at us... as I said you really had to be their for this one and to experience it but; we honestly all has so much fun on this rad and crazy adventure.

my roomies & friends

ally burnham photography

Always blesses and thankful for the girls that I have lived with in AXID. Many of my best and most fun memories have been made with these girls and I couldn't be happier, don't know what I would do without them all.

colorado trip with Justine

ally burnham photography

Had a blast going the Colorado for the first time this year with my girlfriend Justine. It was a little colder than expected and so we didn't do quite as much hiking as we had expected but we did get to see the snow covered mountains, eat tons of yummy gf food, shop in Breckenridge, attend all the hotel's activities, and sit in the hut tub/ steam room every day!

joining Manhappenin Magazine

ally burnham photography

I have loved every moment of being a part of this team and magazine. So many fun moments and people are involved in this organization and I just feel very creative, inspired, and myself with this group. I also have developed deep friendships with some of the people on this team and have really grown in some of my creative outlets.

LA trip with my family

ally burnham photography

This summer I was fortunate enough to go to Disney land, the beach, and to watch my brother play some amazing tennis down in the LA area. We had so much fun and it was a really relaxing break to just spend quality time with my brother and mom.

FCA camp

ally burnham photography

This experience was life changing. I loved the FCA camp that I got to be a leader at this summer, it also was in LA and I didn't know exactly what God had in store for me but there were some true miracles that happened at the UCLA campus that week. This experience gave me a great learning opportunity for myself and God also used me to just share his love with others. I just found a huge passion for high school ministry and my group of girls really impacted me so much!

starting my photography business

ally burnham photography

I accepted a new challenge and exciting business when I started offering my photography services out as a business. My photography account hasn't even been around for a year but I am really proud that it is started and that I am growing and learning. Photography has been something I've enjoyed doing for a long time now and am so grateful for those that believed in me and have chosen me as their photographer.

camping this summer

ally burnham photography

No summer trip is complete without a camping trip. This summer has been unlike the past few, my dad sadly sold his jeep and so camping was a little different and the rubicon is a little different because we maybe won't be doing that in the future any more but, we had an amazing last trip up to the trail for a huge dance party with my dads jeep clubs. As well me and Brandon also joined Dylan, Taylor, and some of their friends for a camping trip this summer so I am very thankful for that as well.

beach trip with friends

ally burnham photography

So many beach trips were taken this year, mostly all with B; but they are all my favorite. The beach may really be my favorite place, with the lake coming in at a very close second. I can't even describe the joy of being on the sandy coast and hiking, walking, or biking along the water. It is really just a dream.

Summer is my favorite time if you can't tell, that's where all my favorite moments will come, and I better enjoy it while I'm still a student, and summer is a thing.

Thanks for reading!